KU and United Nations Global Compact Poland signed a Letter of Intent
Recently, Kozminski University and the United Nations Global Compact Poland signed a Letter of Intent to cooperate in the area of sustainable development. The aim of the cooperation is to support the implementation of sustainable development goals. At Kozminski University, where we diligently implement SDGs selected within our own Sustainability Strategy, we are extremely glad to cooperate with the UN Global Compact.
I believe that the cooperation between Kozminski University and the UN Global Compact will bring new opportunities for students and the University as a whole. I strongly believe that the UN Global Compact will contribute to the development of our research in the field of sustainable development, as well as to the development of our already developed educational offer in this area. – says Prof. Aleksandra Przegalińska, Vice-Rector for International Relations and ESR
UN Global Compact Poland, in pursuit of its primary statutory objectives, promotes and implements the ideas, policies, and global strategy of the United Nations Global Compact, as agreed within the UN System, including the underlying United Nations Global Compact 10 Principles:
- Promotion of and respect for internationally accepted human rights,
- Elimination of all human rights abuses by the company,
- Respect for freedom of association,
- Elimination of all forms of forced labor,
- Abolishment of child labor,
- Effective prevention of discrimination in the sphere of employment,
- A preventive approach to the environment,
- Taking initiatives to promote environmentally responsible attitudes,
- Use and dissemination of environmentally friendly technologies,
- Prevention of corruption in all forms, including extortion and bribery.