Titular professor specializing in strategies for digital transformation of organizations, e-commerce and e-marketing. He is particularly interested in the changes that digitalization processes bring about in the higher education sector.
He is also the Director of the Digital Transformation Research Centre - CYBERMAN, a member of EFMD Advisory Board for the Central and Eastern Europe region and a member of the Board of the Forum Management Education Association.
Since 2020 he has served as President of the International Advisory Board of the French university ISC Paris. In 2016-18 he was a member of the Council for Digitalization at the Minister of Digitalization. His achievements include several dozen English and Polish chapters, scientific articles, books published in the most important journals and publications on management science in Poland and worldwide, including Cambridge University Press, Emerald Publishing, Routledge, European Management Journal, Business Horizons, he is the author of the book "Digital Transformation". (PWN, 2019) and editor and co-author of the handbook "E-marketing - planning, tools and practice". (Poltext, 2018), awarded by the Polish Academy of Sciences.
From 2012 to 2020, he held the position of Vice Rector for Foreign Cooperation at Kozminski University, responsible for the overall strategy of internationalisation and marketing of the university.
He is also the coordinator of the Koźmiński MBA Digital program and post-graduate studies related to digital economy: Internet Marketing, E-commerce, Business Digital Transformation and Manager in Industry 4.0.
He was a visiting professor in such centers as, among others, the University of Warsaw: ESCP Europe, SKEMA Business School and École de Management de Normandie (France), ISCTE (Portugal), Nottingham Trent University (UK), Soongsil University (South Korea), Universidad del Pacifico (Peru), Univeristy of Reykjavik (Iceland).
Repeatedly awarded for his publication and scientific achievements. In 2015 he was awarded the LUMEN statuette for university management leaders. In 2017 he was awarded the Eduinspirator (FRSE) statuette for those who are active in the field of education, contributing to positive changes in the environment. In 2020 he was awarded the Star of Internationalisation Award in the research category by the "Perspektywy" Foundation. During his term of office, Kozminski University has been repeatedly recognized as the most internationalized university in Poland.
Grzegorz Mazurek closely cooperates with the electronic economy environment, including the Chamber of Electronic Economy, Digital Poland Foundation and Interactive Advertising Bureau. He has carried out projects for such brands as: Nokia, Nikon, Polpharma, Egmont, PZU, Michelin, IKEA, Mars Corp., Vivus.
KU President - The Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Head of the Department of Quantitative Methods and IT Applications. Former rector of Kozminski University (2011 - 2020), currently Chairman of its Board of Trustees. Former Chairman of the Conference of Rectors of Non-Public Academic Universities.
Author of 3 books, over 80 articles in Polish and foreign scientific journals, co-author of two computer simulation management games (MANAGER and ADMINIST) and a multimedia package for training entrepreneurs. He managed large international and national projects. He lectured at universities in the USA and Great Britain, among others. He is a co-founder and lecturer of the Executive MBA program in Minsk (IPM BY).
Member of the Consultative Council for Foreign Economic Policy at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Member of scientific organizations: International Simulation and Gaming Association (ISAGA), Association for Business Simulation & Experimental Learning (ABSEL), Association for Business Simulation and Experiential Learning (ABSEL). Member of accreditation committees: AACSB, EQUIS and IQA and IREG Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence. He was a member of the boards of The European Fundation for Management Development (EFMD) and Euro*MBA.
Currently he is a member of the Management Board of the International Association for Management Development in Dynamic Societies (CEEMAN) and the Supervisory Board of the Polish Educational Union. He sat on the supervisory boards of such companies as Bank BGZ, PZU, ZBM Investor, PTR Development, EnergoPlazma. For many years an active participant of the Economic Systems Simulation School. Member of many chapters related to awarding achievements in business, management and education.
His research interests include: IT, managerial (business) simulation games, simulation modeling, operational management, decision support systems and entrepreneurship in virtual environment. He is involved in academic sport. Academic vice-champion of the country of sports bridge in pairs - together with Przemysław Janiszewski (2019).
Honorary KU President
Co-founder and first Rector of Kozminski University (1993-2011). Economist and sociologist specializing in the issues of management and political transformation. Fulbright scholar, lecturer at Polish and renowned American and European universities, including University of California (UCLA), Washington University and Sorbonne. He has an honorary doctorate from the University of Szczecin (2015) and ESCP Europe Business School (2017). Correspondent member of the Polish Academy of Sciences and member of many domestic and foreign organizations (including the Leopold Kronenberg Banking Foundation, Global Foundation for Management Education, Polish Rectors Foundation).
He was a member of editorial boards in many magazines (e.g. Transformations, Central European Management Journal, International Encyclopedia of Business and Management, International Management). From 2014 to 2018 he was Chairman of the Team Identifying Members of the Council of the National Science Centre.
Former member of the National Development Council to the President of Poland, National Development Council (2010-2015). He was awarded, among others, the Knight's Cross, Officer's and Commander's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta. In 2016 by the decision of the Prime Minister of France he was decorated with the Order of Academic Palms. Chairman and member of supervisory boards of companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
Vice-Rector for Research and Faculty Development
Deputy Rector of Kozminski University, Vice Rector for Research and Personnel Development. Co-founder of the Higher School of Entrepreneurship and Management, currently Kozminski University. Between 1993-2015 Deputy Chairman of the Board of Trustees of ALK.
Head of the Negotiations Department. Chairman of the Committee for Accreditation of The Human Resources Excellence in Research and the Council for Academic Staff Development. Since 2011 member of the Research Council. Long-term research and didactic employee of ALK and the University of Warsaw. He has completed internships at Harvard University and DePaul University, among others.
Specializes in negotiations, strategic management, research and development management. An experienced mediator.
He was the scientific supervisor of more than two hundred diploma projects at the Executive MBA studies. He has conducted over one hundred and twenty consulting and training projects for such organizations as: Netia, NBP, Gaz System, M. st. Warszawa, Metro Group, PKN Orlen, Medicover, LOT, PZU, KGHM. He is an expert in implementing the concept of Industry 4.0 in enterprises. He is the author and co-author of several dozen articles in scientific journals and two monographs - Negotiations, 1997 (together with Paweł Wujec) and Negotiations in Business, 2004.
Co-founder and Vice President of the Management Board in Scott Tiger SA, an IT company offering tailor-made solutions for telecommunications, insurance and banking. Member of the Supervisory Board of K2 Internet SA. And Omig S.A.
Vice-Rector for Didactic Affairs
Doctor of Law, KU Professor in the Department of Administrative and Public Economic Law, advocate.
Graduate of MBA studies at the Warsaw University of Technology, a long-term research and teaching staff member of the Academy.
His research interests include administrative law and competition law. Participant of research trips to Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona and Comillas Pontifical University in Spain.
Rector's Plenipotentiary for Quality of Education in ALK, member of the Program Council for Legal Studies and the Program Council for Economic and Social Studies for Administration. He is also a member of the Team that adapts the profiles and programs of education to the requirements of the Law on Higher Education for the courses of study at the College of Management and Finance. He is a member of the Committee for the preparation of amendments to the Regulations of ALK Studies. Member of the editorial committee of the Journal of Social Sciences.
Author of numerous publications in domestic and foreign scientific journals on law.
Vice-Rector for Cooperation with the Environment, Dean of the College of Law
A long-time research and educational worker at ALK. He was awarded a Polish Government Scholarship for outstanding young scientists and took part in a 4-year scientific-research grant at the European University Institute in Florence.
He specializes in natural resources law, economic law, competition law and European Union law.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board of PGNiG SA and member of Electromobility Poland. In the years 2007-2009 he worked for the European Commission's Directorate-General for Transport and Energy and as an advisor to the President of the Energy Regulatory Office. In 2010-2014 he served as an advisor in the law firm Domański Zakrzewski Palinka sp.k. and Member of the Supervisory Board of PTE WARTA S.A. Member of the Scientific Councils of the Institute of Aviation, Institute of Electron Technology and National Centre for Nuclear Research.
Editor-in-Chief of the Economic Legislation Review, member of the Editorial Board: Central European Management Journal, Legal Critique, Yearbook of Polish European Studies, Internet Antitrust and Regulatory Quarterly (Scientific Council).
Vice-Rector for International Relations and ESR
Doctor of Social Sciences, KU Professor in the Department of Network Society Management, philosopher, researcher in the development of new technologies, especially artificial intelligence, social robots and dressing technologies.
A graduate of The New School for Social Research in New York, where she participated in research on virtual reality identity, with a special focus on Second Life. She also worked for the Polish Presidency of the EU Council as Chairwoman of the Audiovisual Working Group on behalf of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. Visiting Scholar at MIT (2016-2017, 2019).
Since 2015 member of the Program Council of Startup Hub Poland. Scholarship holder of the "Mobility Plus" program. (2016 - 2017), Kosciuszko Foundation (2014), Foundation for Polish Science (2010) and Wiliam J. Fulbright (2007), winner of the award for outstanding young scientists of the Minister of Science and Higher Education.
Co-author of the program of specialization - Management and Artificial Intelligence in Digital Society, in the course of the first degree studies in English in the stationary form in KU. In the fall of 2020, she begins research at the American Institute for Economic Research on Work Automation and then joins the Harvard University Labour and Worklife program.
Author of the monograph "Virtual Beings. How phenomenology changed artificial intelligence". (UNIVERSITAS, 2016) and many scientific publications in journals and monographs, co-author of the book "Collaborative Society". (The MIT Press) www.collaborativesociety.net, published together with Prof. Dariusz Jemielniak.
Dean of the College of Management
Doctor habilitated in economic sciences, KU Professor in the Department of Strategy. Lecturer in doctoral studies, EMBA, postgraduate and graduate studies, also at foreign universities in France, Austria and Slovenia.
Specializes in the theory of strategy and internationalization of enterprises. She is a consultant in the area of strategic consulting in the field of corporate growth strategy and implementation of a balanced scorecard for leading chemical and energy companies and non-profit organizations. Since 2004 she has been working with business in student projects. Since 2017 she has been conducting consulting projects at the Koźmiński MBA studies. She also acts as a scientific supervisor of doctoral students.
Her research interests focus on the strategy and internationalization process of companies from emerging economies, decision making processes and the role of distance in foreign expansion.
She is a member of several scientific organizations, including the Academy of International Business, Strategic Management Society and European International Business Academy (EIBA). She is the author of several dozen publications in the field of international strategy and management, publishing in recognized foreign journals such as Journal of Business Research, Business History, Journal for East European Management Studies, European Journal of International Management.
Dean of the College of Finance & Economics
Doctor of Economics, Dean of the College of Finance and Economics, professor of ALK in the Department of Economics. Scientific Director at the TIGER Research Center for Transformation, Integration and Globalization in KU.
Lecturer with many years of experience, conducts classes at graduate, post-graduate (including MBA) and doctoral studies, he is also a visiting professor at several European universities. He has completed several research internships in foreign institutions, including Stanford University in the USA, Columbia University in the USA, Harvard University in the USA, OECD in Paris and Brighton University.
An expert in the field of economics, economy and public finances. Author of studies and expert opinions in the field of macroeconomics and public finance prepared for the Ministry of Finance, Chancellery of the Prime Minister, National Bank of Poland and commercial companies. In 2002-2003 he served as an advisor to the Vice President of the Council of Ministers, Minister of Finance, and was a member of the team responsible for structural reforms within the public finance system.
Author of publications in the field of macroeconomics, economic policy and public finance.
Dean of the Kozminski Executive Business School
Law and Executive MBA graduate | Dean of Kozminski Executive Buisness School at Kozminski University |Executive MBA program Director.
My responsibility is area of MBA, Postgraduate Programs, Trainings, Conferences, relations with the MBA and postgraduate Alumni and cooperation with business. I have many years of experience in designing and implementing educational programs.
Simultaneously I am member of the Supervisory Board of International School of Management, Member of Scientific Council of LifeSkills High School, Vice -President of the Koźmiński Foundation and also an assessor in international accreditation of MBA programs - AMBA.
My research interest are related to higher education management, business-universities cooperation and management education.
Board of Trustees
The Chairman of the Board of Trustees is Professor Witold T. Bielecki, KU President. Another significant member of the Board is the founder and long-term rector of Kozminski University, Prof. Andrzej K. Koźmiński.
The duties of the Board of Trustees include:
- appointing the Rector
- reviewing the Statutes
- adopting the university’s mission
- reviewing the university’s draft strategy
- approving the financial statement
- determining the rules of financial management at the University
The term of office of the Board is 5 years - from 1 September 2018
1) prof. Witold T. Bielecki
2) prof. Andrzej K. Koźmiński
3) dr Piotr Freyberg
4) dr Magdalena Koczuba
5) dr Bogusław Kott
6) prof. Alberto Lozano Platonoff
7) Mirosława Łukasiewicz-Kwiatkowska
8) prof. Adam Noga
9) dr Ireneusz Piecuch
10) Henryk Pisiński
11) prof. Gavin Rae
12) ks. dr Leszek Slipek
13) Maciej Witucki
14) Andrzej Zarajczyk
15) prof. Lechosław Garbarski
International Corporate Advisory Board (ICAB)
The International Business Advisory Board, established in 2003, is responsible for advising the Rector on matters:
- Direction of development of the university,
- Customizing the curriculum to the needs of the practice,
- Development of international scientific and didactic contracts of the University,
Members of the Board are representatives of business and science from Poland and abroad.
Members of the Board
- Rector, MCI Management Center Innsbruck – The Entrepreneurial School
- Honorary Professor, University of Innsbruck
- Professor, MCI Management Center Innsbruck – The Entrepreneurial School
- Founding Managing Director, MCI Management Center Innsbruck – Executive Education & Research; MCI Management Center Innsbruck – The Entrepreneurial School; and Association of Owners of MCI Management Center Innsbruck
Member of boards and associations, including the European Accreditation Council of AACSB, Supervisory Council of the European Business School, Scientific Council of the UIIN, Accreditation Commission of FIBAA, and International Association of University Presidents (IAUP).
- Vice President and Dean of China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)
- Formerly Executive President and Dean of ESCP Business School, the oldest and one of the most international business schools in the world with campuses in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Turin, and Warsaw
- FRSA-Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (UK)
Member of boards and associations, including the Global Supervisory Board of Mazars, a leading audit and advisory firm. Officer in the Legion of Honour and a Commander in the Order of Merit, awarded the Gold Medal for Education.
- Managing Director of Panattoni/ BTS Group Poland
- Responsible for managing the BTS structure and initiating activities in the CEE market, continually expanding
- Experienced Group Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in the real estate industry – in the development industry for 10 years and in real estate and construction for more than 20 years
- Strong entrepreneurship professional graduated from Law Faculty and MBA program
- Dean & Executive President of SKEMA Business School – one of the major business schools in France
- Previously associated with the University of Aix-Marseille and CERAM (including as dean of CERAM Business School)
- Former member of the Board of Trustees of the EFMD
- Member of the EQUIS Committee
Member of boards, councils, and advisor – including EQUIS Committee, Advisor and member of the Competitive Intelligence Council.
Laureate of distinction by the French government: Chevalier de l'Ordre du Mérite, Médaille de Bronze (bronze medal) de la Jeunesse et des Sports.
- Chairman of the Management Board of Bank Millennium S.A.
- Previously Member of the Management Board of Bank Millennium, Head of the Retail Banking Division, Head of the Corporate Banking Area, and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board
- Combines business practice with a solid academic background – a graduate of the Management Studies and PADE Advanced Management Program
- Professional experience in the stock exchange and investment banking (including on the Board of the Lisbon Stock Exchange)
- Global CFO IKEA Retail
- Formerly CEO of IKEA Retail in Poland and Formerly of the IKEA Group in China
- Creator of the IKEA Business Centre created in Poland, as well as the world's first Innovation Hub for IKEA and the recruitment center Your Work Studio
- Leader of the largest transformation of IKEA companies in the Chinese market
Global leader full of passion for growing people and business together and a promoter of authentic leadership. Rich transformational experience across the world’s markets.
- Dean and Executive President of ESCP Business School.
- Advisor for top executives on strategic performance and financial issues in an international environment
- Formerly associated with HEC Paris, Paris-Dauphine University, Institut National des Telecommunications (INT), and as a visiting professor at Shanghai Tongji University and Beijing Foreign Studies University.
Member of boards, councils, and advisor – including Board of Directors at CFJ Paris and Advisory Board of the School of Management at the University Leonard de Vinci.
- Chairman International Advisory Board, former Dean of Porto Business School.
- Formerly the founding dean of the Graduate School of Business at Nazarbayev University in Kazakhstan, and associated with Tilburg University (also as Dean of the business school).
- Professional experience including executive education, research, and consulting projects for European, American, and Asian organizations and coordination of European Commission projects, as well as lecturing in executive programs of IESE, INSEAD, London Business School, MIT Sloan, Purdue University, and Solvay Brussels.
Member of boards and associations, including the EPAS and EDAF committees of EFMD, the Supervisory Board of ISM in Lithuania, and the International Advisory Board of FDC in Brazil. Laureate of many awards – including the Best Paper Award in Knowledge Management and the Best Teaching Case Award.
- Founder & Honorary Chairman of Simon-Kucher & Partners, Honorary President Hermann Simon Business School
- Formerly professor of business administration and marketing at the universities of Mainz and Bielefeld and visiting professor at Harvard Business School, Stanford, London Business School, INSEAD, Keio University in Tokyo, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Honorary professor at the University of International Business and Economics in Beijing.
- The only German in the "Thinkers50 Hall of Fame" of the world's most important management thinkers. Author of more than 35 books in 27 languages
Member of the editorial boards of many business journals, including the International Journal of Research in Marketing, Management Science, Décisions Marketing, European Management Journal. Laureate of many international awards and honorary doctorates from the IEDC Business School of Bled (Slovenia), the University of Siegen (Germany), and Kozminski University (Poland).
- Member of the Management Board KI Next (Kulczyk Investments), responsible for overseeing the areas of corporate communications, investor relations, marketing, and public affairs.
- Long-time journalist and editor-in-chief of leading Polish business newspapers, including Gazeta Prawna, Puls Biznesu, Newsweek Polska; co-created the modern business media market in Poland.
- Expert in corporate communications and the media market.
- President of PGA Poland.
Member of boards and associations, including the Information Governance Council of the Warsaw Stock Exchange, the Program Council of the Academy of Capital Market Leaders, the Council of the Civil Development Forum Foundation, the Academic Council of Wroclaw University of Economics, and the Executive Education Advisory Board of Kozminski University.
- President of the Management Board Citibank
- Member of the Polish Banks Association
- Expert with over 25 years of banking experience in 6 markets in Europe and the Americas (including markets in Poland, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, and the United States)
- Former President of the Board of Directors of the Ecuadorian-American Chamber of Commerce, Council Member of the Ecuadorian Association of Banks, and Junior Achievement Ecuador Foundation. In Switzerland, she served on the board of the Association of Foreign Banks in Switzerland.
- Certified coach in leadership and sales
- Chairman of the International Corporate Advisory Board (ICAB), Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Orange Polska, and President of Konfederacja Lewiatan
- Formerly in the roles of Member of the Board and President of the Board in leading companies
- For years associated with Orange Group – currently as Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Chairman of the Program Council of the Polish Civic Forum, member of the Board of Directors of the Atlantic Council of the United States, and member of the Board of Directors of the Bronisław Geremek Center Foundation. Vice President, Member of the Presidium of the Social Dialogue Council
- Former President of the French Chamber of Commerce in Poland (CCIFP)
International Law Advisory Board
It was established in 2007. The International Law Advisory Council is responsible for advising the Rector on matters:
- University strategy,
- Customizing the curriculum to the needs of the practice,
- Development of international scientific and didactic contracts of the University.
Members of the Board are representatives of business and science from Poland and abroad.
1. Bettina Kahil-Wolff Hummer - former Dean of the Faculty of Law, Justice and Public Administration of Lausanne University. Director of the Institute of Labour Law and Insurance in Lausanne 2. Giuseppe Nesi - Dean of the Faculty of Law, University of Trento 3. Ireneusz Piecuch - Partner at CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Pośniak i Sawicki sp.k. 4. Javier de Cendra - Dean of IE Law School in Madrid 5. Ketill Berg Magnusson - Managing Director of Festa - Icelandic Center for Corporate Social Responsibility, lecturer at the University of Reykjavik, President of Almannaheill - Icelandic Association for Non Profit Organizations 6. Mary Kay Kane (from 2014 to 2021) - former Dean and Chancellor of Hastings College of the Law, University of California 7. Michele Lucherini - President of FBE (Federation Barreaux d'Europe) - Federation of European Bars 8. Norma Martin Clement - Dean of the Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Law at Leeds University.
Executive Education Advisory Board
The Board supports the university in:
- improving its portfolio of education products and services
- adapting the portfolio to the needs of the market and employers
The idea behind the formation of the Board is related to the dynamics of the education and professional market, which implies a need to confront the initiatives and programs the university has launched with the actual market demands. The Board consists mainly of graduates of Kozminski University, employed as HR directors in corporations, HR – Business Partners and HR advisers managing HR departments in sectors such as banking, insurance, industry, media, and public administration.
1. Aleksandra Agatowska, President, PZU Życie 2. Joanna Bensz, Founder and CEO, Longevity Center 3. Małgorzata Bieniaszewska, President, MB Pneumatyka 4. Maksymilian Braniecki, President of Lidl Polska 5. Rafał Brzoska, President of InPost 6. Tomasz Górnicki 7. Zbigniew Jagiełło 8. Kaplan Andreas, Rector of ESCP 9. Szymon Kamiński, President of Pekao Leasing 10. Paweł Komar, President of Notus Finanse, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Vortune Equity Group 11. Jarosław Królewski, President of Synerise 12. Bogdan Kucharski, President of BP Europa Branch in Poland 13. Prince Michael von Lichtenstein, Founder and CEO, Longevity Center 14. Michał Mierzejewski, President, Philip Morris 15. Beata Mońka, Business Partner BPS, RASP 16. Grzegorz Należyty, Managing Director, Siemens 17. Anna Pawlak-Kuliga, Global CFO, IKEA Retail 18. Beata Pawłowska, President of Oriflame Poland 19. Artur Popko, President of Budimex 20. Wiktor Schmidt, President of Netguru 21. Jarosław Sroka, Member of the Management Board of Kulczyk Investments 22. Mariusz Szataniak, President of Wielton 23. Beata Żaczek, Member of the Management Board Pekabex Group
College of Management
Our College of Management offers modern curricula, giving you the opportunity to shape your own path of development and to acquire the education and skills to make it easier for you to enter the job market and operate effectively in the changing environment of modern business. The modern formula of the programs, designed with active involvement of business partners (Program Advisory Boards), is a guarantee of the taught content and knowledge being up-to-date and practical.
Main research areas include:
- Management in Polish and global enterprises
- Small and medium-sized enterprises, with particular emphasis on internationalization
- Strategy, good management practices, virtualization, and computerization
- Innovation in business models
- Human resources management, diversity management
- Intellectual capital and knowledge management
- Advanced technologies in business applications
- Economic behavior – psychology, marketing, globalization
Our academic teachers, outstanding researchers and business practitioners, place great emphasis on the practical application of the models and theoretical frameworks discussed in the classroom. In our approach we focus on teaching by experience, making use of the teamwork format: in solving case studies, in taking part in workshops and business simulations, and in projects carried out in collaboration with business – focusing on practical challenges.
One of the main principles followed at the College of Management is to combine teaching with scientific research, including using theory in practice and applying practice to theory. The research conducted at the College of Management focuses on key market issues.
COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT
Dean of the College of Management – KU Professor Mariola Ciszewska-Mlinarič, PhD, DSc
Vice-Dean of the College of Management – BACHELOR IN MANAGEMENT, undergraduate-level studies (all majors) – Krzysztof Chmielewski, PhD
Vice-Dean of the College of Management – MANAGEMENT, undergraduate-level studies (all majors) – Renata Dyląg, PhD
Vice-Dean of the College of Management – MANAGEMENT, graduate-level studies (all majors) – Magdalena Koczuba-Sobieraj, PhD
Vice-Dean of the College of Management – ADMINISTRATION, undergraduate-level and graduate-level studies (all majors) – Maria Tomaszewska, PhD
Vice-Dean of the College of Management – MASTER IN MANAGEMENT, graduate-level studies (all majors) – Piotr Wójcik, PhD
College of Management – Program Directors
A Program Director provides assistance and advice to students in matters related to planning their professional and scientific development, teaching problems, and gives opinions on individual matters related to the course of study when asked by the student and at request the Rector or the Dean.
Program Directors work with Program Advisory Boards, which are advisory bodies, whose members are business professionals providing recommendations and giving opinions – in consultation with the Dean and Program Directors – regarding the content of the taught programs with the aim to make it valuable and desired by the job market.
Undergraduate-level studies in Polish: Management
- Marketing – Paweł de Pourbaix, PhD
- Entrepreneurship – Piotr Kaczmarek-Kurczak, PhD
- Enterprise Management – Zofia Przymus, MSc
- Sociology of Business and Media – Krzysztof Kuźmicz, PhD
- Psychology in Management – Krzysztof Przybyszewski, PhD
Undergraduate-level studies in English: Bachelor in Management
- Marketing – Marcin Awdziej, PhD
- Entrepreneurship – Svetlana Gudkova, PhD
- International Management - Svetlana Gudkova, PhD
- Digital Society and New Media – Helena Chmielewska-Szlajfer, PhD
- HoReCa Management - Zofia Przymus, MSc
Undergraduate-level studies in English: Bachelor in Management & Artificial Intelligence: Prof. Aleksandra Przegalińska-Skierkowska, Monika Sońta, Ph.D.
Undergraduate-level studies in Polish: Administration
- Law and Business Studies in Administration – Maria Tomaszewska, PhD
Graduate-level studies in Polish: Management
- Brand Management and Marketing Strategies – Jolanta Tkaczyk, PhD
- Strategic Management – Mirosław Sosnowski, PhD
- Human Capital Management – KU Professor Paweł Korzyński, PhD, DSc
- Project Management – Patrycja Sznajder, PhD
- Management in Virtual Environments – Dagmara Plata-Alf, MSc
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management – Mirosław Antonowicz, PhD
- Corporate Development Management – Jan Dąbrowski, PhD
- Sociology of Business and Media – Krzysztof Kuźmicz, PhD
- Psychology in Management – Krzysztof Przybyszewski, PhD
Graduate-level studies in English: Master in Management
- Strategy and Innovation Management - Łukasz Kowalik, Ph.D.
- Digital Marketing - Karolina Małafocka, Ph.D.
- HR Tech Business Partner - Agnieszka Zakościelna, Msc
- Project Management - Marek Gmerski, MA
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management - Prof. Sebastian Jarzębowski
- Artiificial Intelligence in Business - Prof. Aleksandra Przegalińska-Skierkowska, Monika Sońta, Ph.D.
- Sustainable Transitions - Agata Stasik, Ph.D., Agata Dembek, Ph.D.
Graduate-level studies in Polish: Administration
College of Finance and Economics
Our College of Finance and Economics offers modern programs taught in both Polish and English. We offer undergraduate-level and graduate-level programs in the field of finance, economics, and analysis of large data sets (big data). Students can also obtain a double degree, i.e. by studying a semester or a year at one of our partner higher education institutions (some of the best HEIs in the world), they obtain a Kozminski University diploma and a diploma of the HEI they’ve studied at.
Main research areas include:
- The financial system in a market economy
- Financial markets: institutions, regulations, instruments
- Corporate finance management
- Microeconomics, including especially the theory of functioning of organizations
- Economic policy and public finance
- Economic aspects of the healthcare system
- Globalization as an economic, social, and political process
- Large data sets analysis
- Economic aspects of European integration
An important element of studying at the College of Finance and Economics is the emphasis on the acquisition of practical skills. Students of Finance or Economics at KU are taught with the use modern teaching methods – we’re the only higher education institution in Poland to have a Bloomberg Laboratory with full access to markets data. Our faculty members are people with rich professional experience gained in the business sector and in public institutions. Our collaboration with industry institutions and business partners enables us to obtain valuable certificates confirming the acquisition of particular skills and organize and serve internships and traineeships in interesting and inspiring settings.
The main principle governing the activity of the College of Finance and Economics is to base teaching on scientific research, which makes our study programs in line with the current economic knowledge.
COLLEGE OF FINANCE AND ECONOMICS:
Dean of the College of Finance and Economics – KU Professor Jacek Tomkiewicz, PhD, DSc
Vice-Dean of the College of Finance and Economics – ECONOMICS – Sławomir Wymysłowski, PhD
Vice-Dean of the College of Finance and Economics – FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT and MASTER IN FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING – Błażej Podgórski, PhD
Vice-Dean of the College of Finance and Economics – FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING – Sławomir Wymysłowski, PhD
STUDIES IN POLISH:
- Finance and Accounting (undergraduate-level) – Mieczysław Grudziński, PhD
- Finance and Accounting (graduate-level) – Marcin Ocieszak, PhD
- Economics (undergraduate-/graduate-level) – KU Professor Waldemar Karpa, PhD, DSc
STUDIES IN ENGLISH:
- Health Economics and Big Data Analytics (HEBDA) - KU Professor Katarzyna Kolasa, PhD, DSc
- Big Data Analysis - KU Professor Aneta Hryckiewicz-Gontarczyk, PhD, DSc
- Financial Management and Master in Finance and Accounting – Franjo Mlinaric, PhD
College of Law
KU’s College of Law is engaged in comprehensive teaching and scientific activities in the field of jurisprudence. There are currently 5 departments, 3 divisions, and 2 research centers existing within the framework of the College of Law, i.e:
- Department of Theory, Philosophy and History of Law
- Department of Criminal Law
- Department of Civil Law
- Department of Administrative, Public, Economic, and Commercial Law
- Department of International Law and European Union Law
- Division of Financial and Tax Law
- Division of Constitutional Law
- Division of Labour Law
- KU Legal Interdisciplinary Research Center
- VAT Research Center
The employees of and those affiliated with these units are both legal theoreticians and professionally active lawyers. Thus, the teaching process takes into account both the need to transmit the necessary and relevant theoretical knowledge in the field of jurisprudence, as well as the development of the skills and competence required to apply this knowledge in practice. Apart from taking part in traditional forms of education, students gain their first professional experience by engaging in the activity of the Student Legal Clinic or by serving internships provided for in the study program.
The KU College of Law is also a place of animated academic life. A place where a number of conferences, seminars, and scientific meetings addressing current legal problems in Poland and in the world are held every year. In the previous academic year, the College of Law was the organizer or co-organizer of events addressing e.g.
- The main directions of the political reform of the process of European integration
- Tax legislation
- The role of independent courts and independent judges in society
- Protection of personal data in collective labor law
- Environmental protection in the legal system of the European Union
The KU College of Law is also a home to an active student community running a network of scientific clubs dealing with problems concerning tax law, intellectual property law, or medical law.
COLLEGE OF LAW:
Dean of the College of Law – Prof. Bartłomiej Nowak
Vice-Dean of the College of Law – Rafał Pasternak, PhD