KU implements the project „Dostępna-otwarta-kreatywna. ALK uczelnią równych szans” (Accessible-open-creative. ALK as a university of equal opportunities) co-financed by the European Social Fund - the Operational Program "Knowledge Education Development", NCBiR is an intermediary institution in the project.
The project will be carried out from January 2021 for 34 months within the framework of the "Accessible University" competition and its aim is to provide people with special needs with free access to educational offer and possibility of participation in academic life.
The project will make it possible to determine the necessary needs of students and then prepare a plan for supporting them - providing care for students, during the didactic process, from the beginning of their studies. It will also enable cooperation with specialists in many fields, e.g. providing psychological support for the academic community - not only students, but also employees.
For a long time now, Kozminski University has placed great emphasis on the issues of business ethics and sustainable development. KU is in the first edition of Positive Impact Rating (PIR) as one of 30 business schools in the world and the only one from Poland. The rating was announced on January 22nd during the World Economic Forum in Davos. PIR is a list of the best business universities in terms of their social responsibility and concern for sustainable development, conducted by and for students.
Or values expressed in 6 Sustainable Development Goals
We're the part of:
With the natural environment in mind
Not only do we take actions to benefit the natural environment, but we also educate others, making it clear that even small changes and initiatives matter. Together with our students and employees we look for new areas where we can be more EKOZMINSKI.
- We have improved the thermal performance of the entire campus thus reducing the electricity consumption and, consequently, the amount of carbon dioxide emissions.
- We have a smart lighting management system and an internal air circulation system.
- We have reduced paper consumption by switching to electronic exams where possible (31% of paper saved) and adopting automatic duplex printing as standard. We also use Ecolabel® certified ecological paper.
- We segregate waste – we have paper, plastic, and glass containers and containers for used batteries in many places.
- We have completely moved away from plastic bottles and cups on the premises of our campus. Instead, we’ve introduced reusable paper cups. As part of the Zero Waste campaign, we do not use plastic cutlery and containers in our bars and cafeterias.
- There are soda fountains connected to the municipal water supply system in welfare areas and corridors, providing clean and good quality water.
- On our roof, there are city hives that will be inhabited at Spring, 2022.
- Kozminski University uses ecological solutions – photovoltaic panels. We plan that in 2022, 100% of the energy used in our University will come from renewable energy sources.
Green areas and transport
Green infrastructure and transport
The Academy is located in the Natura 2000 area, which also obliges us to follow certain standards and rules. We want our campus not only to look good, but also to be friendly for the environment and all creatures living in it. In agreement with the authorities of the district of Praga Południe, the old, sickly and dangerous trees have been replaced by young ones. We also installed booths and bird feeders.
- We encourage our students and employees to use public transport. In order to make it easier for them, there are boards with timetables for trams and buses installed at the university.
- By the building D, there is a Veturilo bicycle station. For those who want to commute by their own bikes, we have put a special shed in the parking lot.
- We also have a charging station for electric cars (3 stands).
We support business in change
For many years we have been preparing the Ranking of Responsible Companies, published in Dziennik Gazeta Prawna under the auspices of the Responsible Business Forum. The annually revised survey motivates managers of the largest companies in Poland to introduce ambitious, innovative solutions for sustainable development. For the past three years, the ranking has been accompanied by a Report and a list of distinguished positive impact startups.
Experience has shown that:
Business development does not have to significantly damage the environment, and can even contribute to positive change.
The creation of a viable alternative to the current style of doing business is beginning to be clearly visible.
As part of responsible innovation, a new sector of entrepreneurship is rapidly developing on the market - positive impact startups.
More and more companies in Poland already have a structured approach to sustainability, a climate-friendly product offering and appropriate policies in various management areas, such as diversity or supply chain responsibility.
Learn more: Ranking of Responsible Companies (kozminskihub.com), Ranking of Responsible Companies - Koźmiński Business Hub - We are wherever business grows and transforms. (kozminskihub.com)
For years, our community has been involved in a range of charity initiatives, helping those who are in extreme situations – usually difficult and painful to bear.
- We offer financial and mental support to those in need, the poor, the sick, single parents.
- We support the activity of the children’s home in Zamość and the single mother’s home in Warsaw’s Białołęka district, making the necessary investments and repairs, purchasing food and cosmetics.
- For many years we have been taking part in the Wymarzony Prezent (Dream Gift) initiative, making children from children’s homes and families from poorer regions of Poland get the gifts they ask for in their letters to Santa Claus.
- We organize Christmas food collections for the animal shelter in Zielonka.
- We support the Smile Donors Tournament.