Kozminski Lions (PL: Lwy Koźmińskiego) is an annual competition aimed at awarding KU graduates who have made a spectacular career, which can be an example for other KU students and graduates to follow. The awarded statuette is an expression of recognition of the graduate’s professional achievements and a way to thank them for upholding the good name of Kozminski University.
Kozminski Lions is a special competition, running for many years under the auspices of Prof. Andrzej Koźmiński, President of Kozminski University.
Since 2012, the competition has consisted of three categories:
The chapter of the competition has the right to award a prize in additional categories in a given year. So far, the statuettes have been awarded also in the category of Public Administration and Start-Up.
The competition is held every summer, and the prizewinners are awarded the Kozminski Lions statuettes at the inauguration of a new academic year.
We have awarded 51 prizes so far. The statuette represents a lion sitting on the globe, which is a reproduction of the monument found in front of the main entrance to the university’s premises.
2020 edition: Prizewinners and Nominees
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The fifteenth edition of the "Koźmiński Lion" competition is behind us. During the ceremonial Inauguration of the academic year 2020/2021 on October 5, 2020, the prize winners received the statuettes.
We warmly congratulate you on your victory and thank you for creating such a wonderful community of Kozminski University graduates!
By decision of the Competition Jury the prizes were awarded:
Mr. Sławomir Soszyński
Mr. Sławomir Soszyński - an experienced expert on security systems in the banking sector. For 10 years he has been dealing with security and IT architecture of Citibank, working in Poland, London, New York, Singapore. Then he worked for JP Morgan in London. Currently, he is the vice-president of ING Bank Śląski responsible for technology and IT security. He graduated in theoretical and computer physics at the University of Nicolaus Copernicus, and at the Leon Koźmiński Academy he holds an MBA.
Mr. Sławomir Czerwiński
Mr. Sławomir Czerwiński - as befits an outstanding graduate of our university, it combines legal knowledge with excellent knowledge of business and finance. Thanks to that he could work both at home and abroad for well-known international financial institutions and law firms such as Clifford Chance or Baker & McKenzie. He is currently a partner and leader of the private equity team at CMS, one of the two largest law firms in the world.
Mrs. Magdalena Czarzyńska-Jachim
Mrs. Magdalena Czarzyńska-Jachim - is the Vice-president of the city of Sopot. She started her professional career as a journalist in "Dziennik Bałtycki", later she managed the office of promotion and communication in the City Hall of Sopot and was its spokeswoman. She completed postgraduate studies at Koźmiński University.
Mr. Aliaksandr Horlach
Mr. Aliaksandr Horlach - Is a co-founder of SPOKO, formerly Pay Ukraine, an online platform that enables fast and convenient money transfers to Ukraine. The start-up behind it is developing rapidly, is already operating in 15 countries and employs about 20 people. Currently, it is expanding its activity, offering loans to Ukrainians. The company received 4 million PLN of financing from MobiMedia Solution for development. Aliaksandr Horlach holds BBA in Management on the English track, and is currently continuing his studies on Master level.
Mr. Marcin Zawadzki
Mr. Marcin Zawadzki - a MBA for Medical Staff graduate, he is a doctor and a talented entrepreneur. He founded MEDI-system, the largest network of private long-term care and inpatient rehabilitation centers in Poland. He has also introduced a completely new service, which is a senior citizen's apartment, which is a substitute for one's own apartment, where one can live comfortably, safely and independently, but not alone. The first Senior Apartments center was established in 2016.
- Sławomir Soszyński - Vice-president of the Management Board, ING Bank Śląski
- Tadeusz Blecha - President of the Board, Hochtief Polska S.A
- Olgierd Cieślik - President of the Board,, Totalizator sportowy Sp. z o.o.
- Marek Wadowski - Vice-president of the Management Board, Chief Financial Officer, TAURON Polska Energia S.A.
- Justyna Gościńska - Marketing Director, 4F
- Piotr Taracha - President of the Board,, Intrograf Lublin S.A.
- Tomasz Stojek - Warsaw Branch Director, Senetic
- Sławomir Czerwiński - Partner, Kancelaria CMS Polska
- Piotr Biernatowski - Partner, Gawroński & Partners S. K. A.
- Anna Banaszewska - Partner, Kancelaria Prawo Gospodarka Zdrowie
- Jan Wittlin - Senior Internal Auditor, Technicolor S.A.Jan Wittlin Advisory
- Magdalena Bartosiewicz - Senior Associate, Council Member, Warsaw Bar Assiociation, "Eversheds Sutherland Wierzbowski sp. k.
- Robert Zajdler - Solicitor/Partner,ZAJDLER ENERGY Lawyers&Consultants, Warsaw University of Technology
Category: Public Administration
- Magdalena Czarzyńska-Jachim - Vice-president, City Council of Sopot
- Agnieszka Stefaniak – Hrycko - Deputy Director, Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange
- Zdzisław Sipiera - Member of Parliament, Polish Parliament
- Aliaksandr Horlach - Co-founder PayUkraine/SPOKO
- Marcin Zawadzki - CEO, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Senior Apartments
- Karina Popieluch - Consultant, Coach, MBA Lecturer, Owner of KaiZen HR and Ka
2019 Edition: Prizewinners and Nominees
On 3 October 2019, during the official inauguration of the new academic year 2019/2020, the winners of the Kozminski Lions prize received the statuettes.
Category: Manager - Mr. Wojciech Peret
Wojciech Peret is a manager in a company operating in the heavy industry sector.
He gained his first professional experience at Alstom Turbine Factory, at ABB Zamech, and then at Alstom Power. He has also worked at Seco/Warwick and Wielton, and is currently the CEO of Baltic Operator, a company operating in the shipbuilding industry.
His career is a proof that education is a really good investment (he is a graduate of e.g. Kozminski Executive MBA), that it’s a good idea to take up new challenges, and that we shouldn’t be afraid of relocating for work – he’s lived and worked in Wrocław, Warsaw, Świebodzin, Wieluń, the United States, and Mexico, to eventually move closer to his home town of Elbląg – to Gdańsk.
Category: Lawyer - Mr. Sławomir Kowalski
Sławomir Kowalski, lawyer, advocate, personal data protection expert, partner in Maruta Wachta. He’s a graduate of KU postgraduate studies and a participant of doctoral studies at KU.
Since 2016, he has been a teacher at postgraduate studies at KU, sharing his knowledge in the field of personal data protection.
Category: Entrepreneur - Mr. Michał Wędzicha
Michał Wędzicha worked for 10 years as a manager in large consulting and technology companies, and then started his MBA studies at Kozminski University, graduating in 2016.
At the same time, he founded his own company called CORE Services, based in Wrocław, which specialises in the outsourcing of IT services. In 4 years, the company increased its sales volume 10 times, reaching a turnover of over PLN 35 million last year while employing 250 people.
- Marek Kapłucha - Vice-President of the Management Board, ERGiS S.A.
- Janusz Miłuch - Managing Director – President of the Management Board, Cement Ożarów S.A./CRH Materials Polska sp. z o.o.
- Tomasz Górnicki - Vice-President of the Management Board for Investment, Polski Holding Nieruchomości S.A.
- Wojciech Peret - President of the Management Board, Stocznia Gdańska S.A./GSG Towers sp. z o.o/Baltic Operator sp. z o.o.
- Marek Rytlewski - President of the Management Board, Transprojekt Gdański sp. z o.o.
- Grzegorz Należyty - Member of the Management Board/Director, Siemens sp. z o.o./ Gas and Power Gas and Power
- Henryk Mucha - President of the Management Board, PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny sp. z o.o.
- Sławomir Kowalski - Partner, Kancelaria Maruta Wachta
- Lucyna Pleśniar - President of the Management Board, People sp. z o.o.
- Michał Wędzicha - President of the Management Board, Core Services sp. z o.o.
- Mateusz Juroszek - President of the Management Board, Star-Typ Sport Zakłady Wzajemne
- Bartosz Miszkiewicz - President of the Management Board, Symlog sp. z o.o.
2018 edition: Prizewinners and Nominees
On 8 October 2018, during the official inauguration of the new academic year, the winners of the Kozminski Lions prize received the statuettes.
Below follows the list of prizewinners:
in the Public Administration category – Danuta Kamińska
Danuta Kamińska knows everything about public finance, especially about the finance of local governments. For the last 16 years she has been the treasurer of Katowice – a city that has recently undergone a huge transformation. It has transformed from a city known for coal mining into a city of knowledge, a city for people, and a UNESCO city of music.
Danuta Kaminska is a person who is highly involved in the projects carried out by the Public Finance System Team of the Joint Commission of the Government and Local Self-Government.
In addition, she chaired the Committee of Treasurers of the Union of Polish Metropolises for over 10 years. A co-organiser, a speaker, a panellist, an expert, a moderator at numerous conferences, workshops, and meetings dealing with public finance.
In 2017, she was approved by the votes of 41 presidents, mayors, and commune heads to sit in the first board of a newly established, Poland’s first statutory Metropolitan Association of Upper Silesia and Dąbrowa Basin (also known as Metropolis GZM), where she acts as the Deputy Chair of the Board and deals with strategy, analyses, and spatial planning policy of the area. Metropolis GZM is a Polish pilot project/experiment of a metropolis with adopted statutory obligations. GZM is a cluster of 41 cities and communes of the Silesian Province – with its authorities seated in Katowice, covers a strongly urbanised area of over 2,500 square kilometres with a population of 2.3 million. The Metropolis faces many challenges, the most important of which being to counter depopulation, to cut smog emissions, to transform the area into a competitive metropolis – one that offers its inhabitants good conditions to live, work, learn, and develop. The capital of the Metropolis – Katowice – and the Metropolis itself now face a great challenge of the organisation of the Climate Change Conference to be held in December in Katowice, an event that leads to high hopes in the world, in Poland, and among all inhabitants of our planet.
Danuta Kamińska is a graduate of the University of Economics in Katowice, she has also completed the Kozminski MBA in Finance programme.
Married, with two daughters: Kasia and Małgosia – one lives in Singapore, the other – in Switzerland, both providing their mum with interesting observations and insights which she makes use of and incorporates into the functioning of public administration.
in the Manager category – Mateusz Bonca, PhD
After 15 years of working for international strategic consulting companies and banks in Europe, Africa, and in the Middle East, Mateusz Bonca, PhD, returned to his home town of Gdynia in 2016. He has been a member of the management board of Grupa LOTOS for two years now, and is currently the president of the company.
He graduated from the Warsaw School of Economics, he also studied in Morocco, and in 2009 he defended his doctoral dissertation in economics at Kozminski University, graduating with honours. He’s published a number of scientific papers and articles. He specialises in Islamic finance, among others. He has worked for McKinsey & Company, Peppers & Rogers Group Middle East in the United Arab Emirates, and as a director at the Deutsche Bank headquarters in Germany. He is fluent in English; he sat his International Baccalaureate examination in English in the bilingual secondary school he attended in Gdynia. He speaks good German and Arabic.
in the Lawyer category – Edyta Snakowska-Estorninho
Edyta Snakowska-Estorninho – she’s the head of the legal and compliance department at PRATT & WHITNEY S.A., a legal adviser, a SIDiR arbitrator, a member of many international legal organisations, and an author of practical commentaries, especially in the area of public procurement law and construction law – published in professional press and publications;
She specialises in business contract law, including FIDIC contracts, regulatory issues (infrastructure, aviation industry), and the broadly understood compliance in business, including International Trade Compliance. She has gained her professional experience working both in law firms and in business.
She graduated in law from the Jagiellonian University and completed her legal and advocacy apprenticeship; she studied at Cambridge University, the University of Warsaw, the Institute of Law Studies Polish Academy of Sciences, and completed two postgraduate programmes at KU: Law of New Technologies and LLM in International Commercial Law. She has taken part in many professional legal conferences and training courses focusing on managerial skills (including Thayer Leader Development Group (TLDG) at West Point).
in the Entrepreneur category – Marcin Wypchło
Marcin Wypchło started working as a truck driver at the age of 18. Thirteen years ago he established ALEXAS – his logistics company, based in Laski near Turek, which offers domestic and international road transport services and operates a fleet of a hundred trucks. In 2011 the company opened a modern diagnostics and service facility – MAN Truck & Bus – with a fully automated car wash for semi-tractor-trailers and other larger cars, and obtained a permit to operate a motor vehicle inspection station. The company currently employs 113 people. He is a graduate of two KU programmes: a master’s programme and the Executive MBA programme.
in the Start-Up category – Paweł Sieczkiewicz
Paweł Sieczkiewicz is the co-owner and CEO of Telemedi.co, a company operating in the area of new technologies. This telemedicine platform is available via the Internet or phone 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and offers a safe setting to contact physicians of various specialities and access to remote diagnostic tests.
A graduate of acceleration programmes for start-ups run in Germany, the Czech Republic, and Poland. A member of the Digital Champion team at the Ministry of Digital Affairs, a co-organiser of regular meetings featuring presentations of start-ups to decision-makers in StartupConnector corporations.
He obtained his bachelor’s degree in management at Kozminski University.
A two-time kickboxing champion of Poland.
Congratulations to the WINNERS!
Category: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- Michał Holeksa - Vice-President, Office of Competition and Consumer Protection
- Danuta Kamińska - Deputy Chair of the Board, Metropolis GZM
- Paweł Stańczak - Branch Managing Director at “Operator Systemu Transportu Gazu Ukrainy” / Member of the Management Board of Ukrtransgaz
- Dagmara Głowacka - HR Policy Director at Cluster North East Europe, Schenker sp. z o.o.
- Przemysław Janiszewski – Vice-President for Operations, Grupa Polimex-Mostostal S.A.
- Michał Ciszek - President of the Management Board, Circle K Polska sp. z o.o.
- Paweł Miłoszewski – HR Director Eastern Europe-North and Eastern Europe Manufacturing, Goodyear Dunlop Tires Poland; Member of the Management Board, F.O. Dębica S.A.
- Adam Toborek - Vice-President of the Management Board, Famur S.A.
- Sebastian Magadzio - Airbus Head of Country
- Grażyna Ogrodnik – President of the Management Board; ZPR Express sp. z o.o., Promotor United Entertainment sp. z o.o.
- Beata Żaczek - Vice-President of the Management Board, Pekabex S.A.
- Zbigniew Andrzejewski - President of the Management Board, Managing Director, Zakłady Porcelany Stołowej LUBIANA S.A.
- Marat Nevretdinov - President of the Management Board, Grupa Europa (TU Europa and TUnŻ Europa)
- Dr Mateusz Bonca – President of the Management Board, Grupa Lotos S.A.
- Filip Uziębło – Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Andrzej Dziura - Partner, Kancelaria Otawski, Dziura, Jędrzejewski i Partnerzy
- Mateusz Śliżewski – Lawyer, Greenberg Traurig Grzesiak sp. k.
- Edyta Snakowska-Estorninho – Head of Legal and Compliance, PRATT&WHITNEY S.A
- Karol Olkuski – Owner, Kancelaria Radcy Prawnego Karol Olkuski
- Jakub Krysa - Senior Associate/ Legal Adviser, Maruta Wachta sp.j.
- Carmen Tarcha - Art Gallery Owner, Galeria Quadrilion Carmen Tarcha
- Renata Stawiska – Owner, DENTICA dental clinic and INTERNET&HOTEL SYSTEMS
- Marcin Wypchło – President of the Management Board, ALEXAS road transport company
- Paweł Sieczkiewicz – President of the Management Board, Telmedi.co sp. z o.o.
- Jakub Koziej - CEO, Workz sp. z o.o.
2017 edition: Prizewinners and nominees
On 16 October 2017, during the official inauguration of the new academic year, the winners of the Kozminski Lions prize received the statuettes. Below follows the list of prizewinners:
in the Manager category – Barbara Skrzecz-Mozdyniewicz, President of the Management Board of Macrologic S.A.
A graduate of the Kozminski MBA in Finance programme (2008). She has been working for Macrologic, a Polish software company, for 20 years. Since 2009, as a member of the management board, she’s been managing a part of the company’s operations involving the provision of services representing half of the company’s revenues, supervising the company’s financial and administrative operations, and dealing with internal audit and risk control. In January 2012 she was appointed the President of the Management Board of Macrologic S.A.
in the Entrepreneur category – Mariusz Leszek, Vice-President of the Management Board of Lechpol Electronics sp. z o.o.
A graduate of Management and Marketing at Kozminski University in Warsaw. He marketed the first consumer electronics devices in Poland. Over the years he has extended his product portfolio to include car audio devices and mobile technologies.
He contributed to the success of the Kruger&Matz brand in 2013.
Company Lechpol sp. z o.o. – a Polish distributor of electronics, established in the early 1990s. It owns such brands as Kruger&Matz (audio, smartphones, laptops), teesa (small household appliances), Peiying (car audio and tuning), Cabletech (TV), Quer (computer accessories). It employs over 160 people and has branches in Romania and the Netherlands.
in the Administration category – Ignacy Góra, President of the Polish Office of Rail Transportation
A graduate of the “Organisation and Management – the European Model of Management” postgraduate programme at Kozminski University. He has been involved with the railway industry since the early days of his professional life. The President of the Polish Office of Rail Transportation since 2016. Earlier, in the period 2013-2016, he was the Vice-President of the Polish Office of Rail Transportation for Railway Traffic Engineering and Safety.
In June 2016, he was appointed by the Minister of Development to sit in the Accreditation Board of the Polish Centre for Accreditation. He is the originator of the “Declaration on the Development of Safety Culture in Rail Transport”.
in the Lawyer category – Remigiusz Mróz A writer, the winner of the 2016 Nagroda Czytelników Wielkiego Kalibru prize for his novel entitled “Kasacja”.
Congratulations to the winners!
Category – Manager:
- Anna Kostro – Management Board Member for Electrorecycling, Elemental Holding S.A.
- Barbara Skrzecz-Mozdyniewicz - President of the Management Board, Managing Director, Macrologic S.A.
- Karol Gajos - President of the Management Board, Pentacomp Systemy Informatyczne S.A.
- Bartosz Klinowski - Executive Director (Europe), Member of the Board, Seco/Warwick SA
- Agnieszka Kozakiewicz-Pietrzak - Member of the Management Board, Millenium Leasing sp. z o.o.
- Adam Lesiński - Member of the Management Board, Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa S.A.
- Cezary Maciołek - Vice-President of the Management Board, Grupa Progres
- Paweł Pawlak - Managing Director, CREDENDO – SHORT-TERM EU RISKS úvěrová pojišťovna, a.s., S.A. Branch in Poland
- Jolanta Sobierańska-Grenda - President of the Management Board, Szpitale Pomorskie sp. z o.o. in Gdynia
- Tomasz Śniatała - Vice-President of the Management Board, WIELTON S.A.
Category - Entrepreneur:
- Mariusz Leszek - President of the Management Board, Lechpol Electronics sp. z o.o.
- Tomasz Rutkowski - President of the Management Board, Senfino sp. z o.o.
Category - Lawyer:
- Przemysław Guziejko - Owner, Kancelaria Adwokacka Przemysław Guziejko
- Remigiusz Mróz - Remigiusz Mróz sole proprietorship
Category - Start-Up:
- Eryk Pawłowski i Karolina Kozłowska - Co-founders of Anywhere.to sp. z o.o.
- Jan Boberek i Damian Lewandowski - Co-founders of TRUSENSE sp. z o.o.
Category - Administration:
- Ignacy Góra - President of the Polish Office of Rail Transportation
2016 edition: Prizewinners and nominees
The Kozminski Lions statuettes were awarded during the official inauguration of the academic year 2016/2017 on 30 September 2016. The winners:
in the “Manager” category – Daniel Mzyk President of Paged, a tycoon in the production of plywood manufactured in several factories in the country, a producer of automated storage systems and auxiliary equipment, and the owner of a furniture factory with over 100 years of tradition. When joining the company founded by his father, Edmund Mzyk, he started from restructuring and debt removal, and then proceeded to design a new business strategy. Today, he successfully runs and develops an industrial-investment group which generates PLN 820 million of consolidated revenues per year and PLN 156 million of EBITDA. The company employs 3,000 people.
In the “Reactivation of a big Polish brand” category – Karol Zarajczyk The President of Ursus, for several years now, has been restoring the splendour of the Polish tractor brand and engaging in the revival of the Polish automotive industry. Thanks to his efforts, Ursus tractors not only returned to Polish fields but also conquered the African market. Ursus launches electric buses and small cargo vans which are made in Poland and meet all the relevant environmental requirements to the European market. Ursus is part of the Zarajczyk family controlled Pol-Mot holding, which employs 2,500 people.
in the “Entrepreneur” category – Paweł Szataniak and Mariusz Szataniak Gazelles of the Polish capital market, who made good use of investors’ money to build a group of companies operating in the food industry. Today, Pamapol is a ready-made meals market tycoon. 10 years ago, the Szataniak brothers bought Wielton, a trailer and semi-trailer manufacturer from Wieluń, which today has production plants in France and Italy. The annual volume of sales made by their companies amounts to almost PLN 1.5 billion.
in the “Lawyer” category – Hubert Zalewski A lawyer, a partner in the Kurpiejewski Budzewski i Wspólnicy sp.k. law firm, and a Development Director at Radomskie Centrum Innowacji i Technologii sp. z o.o. He is the chairman of the sports committee of the Praga Południe District Council.
- Daniel Mzyk – Member of the Supervisory Board, former President of the Management Board of PAGED S.A., graduate of Management and Marketing at KU (class of 2005)
- Jarosław Broda – Vice-President of the Management Board for Asset Management and Development at Tauron Polska Energia S.A., graduate of KU Executive MBA (class of 2016)
- Karol Zarajczyk – President of the Management Board of URSUS S.A., graduate of Finance and Banking at KU (class of 2004)
- Katarzyna Piątkowska – Integrated Supply Chain Director at Coca-Cola HBC Polska sp. z o.o., graduate of Logistics in Management at KU (class of 2009)
- Marek Wadowski – Vice-President of the Management Board for Finance at Tauron Polska Energia S.A., graduate of KU Executive MBA (class of 2013)
- Mira Kantor-Pikus – Head of Strategic Advisory, Capital Markets at Cushman & Wakefield Polska sp.o.o., graduate of KU Executive MBA (class of 2012)
- Radosław Bółkowski – Consumer Business Unit Director – East Region Bridgestone Sales Polska sp. z o.o., graduate of KU Executive MBA (class of 2011)
- Rafał Miland – Vice-President of the Management Board of PERN S.A., graduate of Management in Public Administration at KU (class of 2015)
- Waldemar Pilczek – President of the Management Board of quick-mix sp. z o.o., graduate of KU MBA (class of 2008)
- Katarzyna Twarowska – President of the Management Board of ProfiLab. Former EY Audit Director, graduate of KU Executive MBA (class of 2015)
- Marcin Zawadzki – founder of MEDI-system and Senior Apartments, graduate of KU MBA for Health Care Managers (class of 2009)
- Paweł Szataniak – founder of Wielton S.A. and Pamapol S.A., graduate of Kozminski Advanced Management Programme (class of 2016)
- Mariusz Szataniak – founder of Wielton S.A. and Pamapol S.A., graduate of Project Management at KU (class of 2016)
- Marta Duraj – Senior Associate at Czabański Gałuszyński i Partnerzy sp.p. sp.k., graduate of a doctoral seminar in law at KU (class of 2015)
- Hubert Zalewski – partner at Kurpiejewski i Wspólnicy s.k.; Development Director at Radomskie Centrum Innowacji i Technologii sp. z o.o., graduate of law at KU (class of 2010)
The Kozminski Lions statuettes were awarded during the official inauguration of the academic year 2015/2016 on 28.09.2015.
- In the “Manager” category – Marcin Gralewski, President of the Management Board of ORLEN OIL
- In the “Entrepreneur” category – Barbara Chwesiuk, Founder, Owner, and Head Designer of BIALCON
- In the “Start-Up” category – Artur Racicki, President and Co-founder of Social WiFi sp. z o.o.
- In the “Lawyer” category – Michał Pawłowski, PhD, Partner at CMS CAMERON MCKENNA, Head of Capital Markets Team.
Congratulations to our Lions!
We’d also like to congratulate all nominees!
Nominees in the “Manager” category:
- Marcin Gralewski - President of the Management Board of ORLEN OIL
- Żaneta Berus - President of EXPO XXI Warszawa
- Dariusz Kowalczyk-Tomerski - President of the Management Board of TP TELTECH
- Łukasz Hadyś - Board Member in charge of Finance at PKP CARGO
- Wojciech Peret - Vice-President, Managing Director, Turbine Factory at Alstom Power sp. z o.o.
- Marta Cydejko - Executive Director Human Resources at KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.
Nominees in the “Entrepreneur” category:
- Dariusz Racz - ITM Software House Sp. z o.o.
- Artur Racicki - Social WiFi Sp. z o.o.
- Barbara Chwesiuk – BIALCON
in the “Lawyer” category:
- Michał Pawłowski, PhD – Advocate, Partner at CMS CAMERON MCKENNA
In 2014, a new category – “Lawyer” – joins the two existing ones, i.e. “Entrepreneur” and “Manager”. Congratulations to the winners:
- Agnieszka Brzezińska - awarded in the “Entrepreneur” category / President of the Management Board of Bona-Agra sp. z o.o.
- Dariusz Hajdukiewicz – awarded in the “Lawyer” category / Director of the Health Policy Office in the Warsaw City Hall
- Marek Woszczyk - awarded in the “Manager” category / President of the Management Board of PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A.
On 4 October 2013, during the official inauguration of the new academic year, outstanding graduates of Kozminski University received the “Kozminski Lions” statuettes. The statuette is a representation of the Leo monument, which appeared in front of the main entrance to the university that year. Earlier, the award was called Kozminski Eagles of Success (PL: Orły Sukcesu Koźmińskiego).
The Lions, awarded for the first time, were given to:
- Adam Wasiak, General Director of State Forests, MBA graduate
- Jerzy „Yuri” Drabent and Maciej Bielicki, management graduates, founders and co-owners of the “Lubię to” social media agency
- Marcin Petrykowski, a graduate of Management and Marketing, Executive Director at JP Morgan London and Deputy Director of the Polish branch of JP Morgan.
In 2012, the prizes were awarded in two new categories.
- In the “Manager” category, the award was given to Aster Papazyan, who currently works as a Country Manager at DELL POLAND. Vast knowledge, the ability to apply it in practice, and the gained professional experience all contributed to the award.
- The other category was “Entrepreneur”. In this category, the prizewinners were Dominik Tomczyk and Jacek Stelmach, President and Vice-President of POLWAX S.A., Executive MBA graduates of our university. The prize was awarded for e.g. the innovativeness of the offered solutions and the development of new products and launching them into production.
In 2011, the competition prizewinners were: In the “Higher Education Graduate” category – Piotr Błoński, a graduate of Management and Marketing, specialising in Corporate Finance and Accounting of Enterprises (class of 2006). Chief Financial Officer at KCR Group, Proxy, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of KCR Czech Republic. Earlier working as the Chief Financial Officer at Exim Tours, a Financial Controller at KCR SA, a Financial Analyst at Fischer Air Polska. He designed and implemented a management support system that supports and automates the processes of KCR’s creation and implementation of companies, and optimizes the use of human resources by measuring their productivity and profitability of their work. Thanks to the system, it was possible to increase the company’s margin at the EBITDA level by 4 percentage points. In the “Postgraduate and MBA Education Graduate” category – Ernest Bartosik, a graduate of the 18th edition of Executive MBA.
Managing Director at BERLIN-CHEMIE/MENARINI sp. z o.o., previously its Marketing and Sales Director, earlier: Marketing Director and Board Member at Sandoz (Novartis Group). He reorganized, extended, and optimized the business structure of the company during the global crisis. As a result, 40 new people were hired to the promotion team in 2010-2011, and the sales growth in 2010 reached a level of EUR 15 million, amounting to EUR 71.6 million. He manages a company employing 340 people.
The winners of the fifth – jubilee – edition of the competition were: In the “Higher Education Graduate” category – Patrycja Ilasz-Kłoda, a graduate of as many as three programmes at Kozminski University (master’s degree in Management and Marketing, completed MBA and doctoral studies).
Working for Telekomunikacja Polska since 2004, where she is currently the Director of the Business Continuity Management Programme at Grupa TP S.A. In the “Postgraduate and MBA Education Graduate” category – Mieczysław Magierski, a graduate of Executive MBA (class of 2005).
President of the Management Board of Miejskie Zakłady Autobusowe sp. z o.o. One of his greatest professional achievements is the significant advancement of the company in the prestigious ranking of 500 largest Polish companies. A special “Eagle of Success” in the category of “Public Service” was awarded to a graduate of Kozminski MBA for Health Care Managers – Krystyna Barbara Kozłowska, who had been the Patient Ombudsman since October 2009.
In the fourth edition of the competition, three prizes were awarded again. The winner in the “Higher Education Graduate” was Anna Rogowska, a graduate of the master’s programme in Management and Marketing (class of 1999). Since February 2008 she has been the HR Director at EMPIK sp. z o.o. She is in charge of the HR policy of the company, which employs 3,000 people across the whole country. In the “Postgraduate and MBA Education Graduate” category – Tadeusz Chmielewski, a graduate of Executive MBA (class of 1997), the owner and president of Rohlig Suus Logistics S.A. In 15 years of the company’s operations, he has made the branch office of a German company grow to its current form; to a company named one of the top ten logistics companies in Poland, employing over 600 people across 18 branches in Poland and Russia. In the “Public Service” category – Małgorzata Stachurska-Turos, a graduate of Kozminski MBA for Health Care Managers (class of 2002), the director of the Children's Hospital at Niekłańska since March of this year, already with a proven track record of success in its restructuring. In her last two terms of office, she has also held the position of the Deputy Regional Screener for Professional Liability at the Regional Medical Chamber in Warsaw. The statuettes were awarded during the official inauguration of the new academic year. The fourth edition of the competition was entered by 27 graduates of KU, working in the following industries: energy, finance, banking, IT, logistics, medical, entertainment, automotive, cosmetics, ICT, and the media.
Three graduates of Kozminski University: Michał Powałowski, Mirosław Lubarski, and Leszek Król won the 2007 edition of the “Eagles of Success” competition. The jury decided that their professional achievements were the most spectacular. The first of the winners – Michał Powałowski, who graduated from KU with a master’s degree in Management and Marketing, is now the Director of the Credit and Limit Analysis Department at ING Commercial Finance Polska S.A. He considers reaching his current position in the company as his greatest professional achievement. And he started out 10 years ago as a customer service specialist. The second winner, Mirosław Lubarski, an MBA graduate, is currently the Marketing Director and a Member of the Management Board of Grupa Polskie Składy Budowlane S.A., the largest network of construction materials wholesale outlets in Poland. He considers the co-creation of the company, building its brand, and creating the “PSB-Mrówka” network of Polish shops his biggest success. The third winner – awarded in a new category: “Public Service” – a graduate of bachelor’s studies in Management and Marketing, Leszek Król, Director of the Department of European Funds Management at the Masovian Voivodship Office, was promoted from the position of a clerk to a department director within 6 years spent with this institution.
In the second edition of the “Eagles of Success” competition, the winner in the “Higher Education Graduate” category was Sylwia Sadowska, who was promoted from the position of a mortgage product sales representative to the position of a director of an mBank Financial Services Centre within three years. The awardee of the “Eagle of Success” in the “Postgraduate Education Graduate” category was Waldemar Rogujski – President of the Management Board of Kooperacja Techniczna S.A., which is a certified supplier of complete assembly lines for Mercedes, BMW, Audi and mechanical components for e.g. Nokia.
In 2005, the “Kozminski Eagles of Success” competition was organised for the first time, divided into two categories: “Higher Education Graduate” and “Postgraduate Education Graduate”.
The aim of the competition was to honour and award “Eagle of Success” statuettes to graduates of the Leon Koźmiński Academy of Entrepreneurship and Management, who made the most spectacular success and whose career paths could serve as examples for other students to follow. The chapter of the competition took into account such criteria as: the rank of the position held by the considered person, the dynamics of the person’s professional advancement, and the market position and renown of the company they work for. The winner in the “Higher Education Graduate” category was Krzysztof Sobolewski, who was promoted to the position of a director of one of the main branch offices of PKO BP within 7 years of his internship served with the bank. The KU postgraduate education graduate who received the “Eagle of Success” statuette was Stanislaw Jędrzejewski – currently acting as the Director of Polskie Radio Program I.
The Chapter of the Competition is composed of:
- KU Professor Witold Bielecki PhD, DSc - KU President
- prof. Andrzej K. Koźmiński - KU Honorary President,
- prof. Monika Całkiewicz - Vice-Rector for Law Studies at KU,
- Włodzimierz Chróścik - President of the Board of the Warsaw Bar Association,
- prof. Jerzy Cieślik - Member of the Department of Entrepreneurship at KU,
- prof. Krzysztof Obłój - Head of the Department of Business Strategy at KU,
- Waldemar Rogujski - President of the Management Board of Kooptech S.A.,
- Tomasz Sielicki - entrepreneur and a long-time President of the Management Board of ComputerLand S.A.,
- Magdalena Malicka - former President of the Management Board of Wydawnictwo G+J, coach, mentor, member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council and of Young Presidents’ Organization,
- Nikolay Kirov - Kozminski MBA Director, area: leadership and negotiation, Partner at Kirov Strategic Negotiators,
- Sylwia Hałas-Dej - Kozminski Executive Business School Director