Erasmus + and other International Programs
In frames of Erasmus+ program you can go to partner university on:
- student exchange (duration of stay: minimum 2 months)
- student placement (duration of stay: short-term or long-term - minimum 2 months)
- alumni internship (duration of stay: minimum 2 months)
- teaching mobility to partner university (duration of stay: minimum 2 days, 8h of lectures)
- administrative staff mobility (duration of stay: minimum 2 days)
ECTS CREDIT CONVERSIONS
Students who attend an exchange program will be issued a Transcript of Records by the host partner university. KU Coordinator will convert these credits according to the KU grading system. The credit conversion varies between EU and non- EU countries; therefore, students are asked to check the exchange program information page of the host university for further details.
Grades earned during the international exchange, will be converted to equivalent KU grading system and will affect a student’s KU GPA.
Students are asked to check the exchange program information page of the host university for further details.
Grades and courses taken at the host university will be included into the KU Diploma Supplement.
Kozminski University, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights. The university has obtained Polish and international accreditations, as well as excellent results in global and national educational rankings which shows the high quality of its programs and services. Due to these qualities KU diplomas themselves have become coveted. The university’s offer includes various bachelor, master’s, MBA’s as well as Ph.D. programs. All of these are also offered in English. Kozminski University perceives internationalization as an integral part of innovative business education and one of the core vehicles for KU development.
The aspect of “more-than-domestic” approach is also expressed by Kozminski University Mission. Our mission is to provide excellent education in the fields of business, management and business law, combining nationally and internationally recognized research, practice and academia in the heart of Europe. Our mission is being realized through five strategic programs developed in the recent process of strategic planning. These programs are: (a) academic standing, (b) brand name recognition in Europe, (c) internationalization, (d) student satisfaction and (e) corporate relations. These broad long-term strategic directions are then translated into medium term objectives and action items, which are then monitored and measured by the University’s authorities.
In the years to come, KU will face challenges resulting from negative demographic trends that are bringing about a lower number of high school graduates, and are resulting in greater competition between institutions of higher education. As the Polish market becomes more integrated
with the world economy, the resulting contest involves both Polish and foreign EU and non EU players.
Constantly Kozminski University develops the partnerships with universities and accredited Business Schools all over the world. Through the first ten years from the beginning of mobility program the main area of developing partnerships was Europe. Now Kozminski University focuses also on North and South America , Asia, Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. The wide range of agreement with Higher Education Institutions were signed in the past 2 years in above-mentioned geographical areas. The mobility is successfully realized within the partnership with HEI’s in this regions. The strategy of our University for years 2014-2020 includes the development of mobility program within EU and not EU countries. Internationalization, and especially actions related to the Erasmus program, are and always will be an important part of Kozminski University development strategy. Our mission in the field of international student exchange is allowing our students to compete on the international market, respond to the requirements of globalization and facilitate the creation of a platform to exchange ideas and experiences between the East and the West. Our priority was always to facilitate intercultural dialogue, student and faculty mobility and create modern educational program in accordance with market needs.
The goals we have set out in the context of Erasmus + Program are as follows:
• Mobility development
• Improvement of organization of our international actions
• Enforcing cooperation with some international partners, which will lead to offering joint programs and research and offering double diplomas.
• Further support for international faculty exchange
• Broadening and developing cooperation with renown academic institutions in the world
• Improving the university’s infrastructure to provide infrastructure for handicapped persons
• Versatile approach to the internationalization for the university in order to promote tolerance for different races, religions and origins
• Increasing the presence of Kozminski University in different networks and joint projects all over the world
• Increasing the number of students of non-business programs taking part in exchange program
• Further development of the „English Tracks” in order to provide more programs in English and increase the attractiveness of courses and awareness of Kozminski University on an international market
Internationalization of all Kozminski University’s dimensions is important to the long-term sustainability of the University’s unique position both at national and international levels.
Our desire is to remain the leading private EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA accredited University in Eastern and Central Europe as well as world known polish business school. Noting that, however, we are acutely aware of the challenges that lie ahead.
• Expanding the network of joint programmes and agreements of accredited universities
• Attracting highly qualified international faculty
• The balance between incoming and outgoing exchange students
• Recruitment of foreign students that have a negative, stereotyped image of Poland.
• Integration of foreign faculty in the life of the University
PO WER Program
Kozminski University became the beneficiary of Education Program (EOG Funds) from 01.07.2020 until 30.09.2022.
- Total funding for the project is EUR 85 435.
- Co-financing from the State Budget: EUR 12 815.25
Mobilities possible in frames of the project:
- KU students: student exchange to the partner universities
- KU employees: monitoring visits to partner universities
- Partner university students: student exchange to KU
- Partner university employees: incoming monitoring visits to KU
Project partners are:
- University of Stavanger
- University of Adger
- University of Liechtenstein
- Reykjavik University
- BI Norwegian Business School
Novum Økonomi AS
"The EEA Funds represent the contribution of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway to creating a green, competitive and inclusive Europe.
There are two overall objectives: to reduce economic and social inequalities in Europe and to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States and the 15 EU countries of Central and Southern Europe and the Baltic Sea area. The three Donor States work closely with the EU under the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA). The Donors have provided €3.3 billion in successive fund programmes between 1994 and 2014. The EEA funds for 2014-2021 amount to €1.55 billion.
Priorities for this period are:
- innovation, research, education and competitiveness;
- Social inclusion, youth employment and poverty reduction;
- Environment, energy, climate change and low-carbon economy;
- culture, civil society, good governance and fundamental rights;
- Justice and Home Affairs.
The EEA Funds are jointly funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, whose contribution is based on their GDP. Eligibility for the funds is based on meeting the criteria set out under the EU Cohesion Fund designed for Member States with a gross domestic income per capita below 90% of the EU average.
The Education Program, for which the Foundation for the Development of the Education System (FRSE) is the Operator, was established under the intergovernmental agreement on the implementation of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014 - 2021, concluded between Iceland, the Principality of Liechtenstein and the Kingdom of Norway and the Republic of Poland.
The main objective of the Program is to reduce economic and social disparities within the European Economic Area and to strengthen bilateral relations between Poland and Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) in the field of education. Program activities are aimed at at strengthening human potential and enhancing knowledge in Poland".
The amount of scholarship per month for a student going to the Donor States is: 1200 EUR per month The amount of scholarship for 5 days for an employee going to the Donor States is: 1250 EUR
There is a lump sum of travel costs for each scholarship (Norway and Liechtenstein - a one-time payment of 275 EUR and 360 EUR for students going to Iceland)
The recruitment process for KU students to study exchange is conducted in accordance with the rules of the exchange program: here
Recruitment process for internship by KU students follows the rules: here
Application process for outgoing employee follows the rules: here
More information: https://education.org.pl/
Project coordinator at KU is Dariusz Sirko firstname.lastname@example.org, who will familiarize the participant with the relevant documentation and settlement procedures.