The main objective of the project is to improve the effectiveness of education, increase the level of accessibility and quality of education, and streamline the functioning of internal processes at KU by implementing 13 e-services by 31.05.2020. The main objective shall be achieved through the pursuit of specific objectives including:
- improving the teaching conditions by expanding and modernising the “front office” services of Kozminski University based on information and communication technologies;
- increasing the effectiveness of education by offering a new quality of access to knowledge resources;
- modernising the platform for the distribution of information between students, academics, and administrative staff of the university.
The potential target audience of said e-services are:
- STUDENTS – around 8 thousand individuals (full-time/part-time/doctoral students, postgraduate/MBA programme participants);
- ACADEMIC TEACHERS – 228;
- ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF – 154.
The indirect target audience includes also employers, graduates, applicants for admission to KU, and social partners. Such a large group of stakeholders calls for the processes to be refined and automated, which will translated into optimisation of costs, resources, and time, which will in turn increase the quality of education and the level of student satisfaction.
The subject matter of the project is the implementation of e-services supporting internal processes related to teaching at KU. The following two groups of services can be distinguished in the suggested plan:
- features related to students’ academic activity understood in narrow terms;
- features related to students’ extracurricular activity.
We’re planning on introducing the following e-services:
1. e-applications - electronic submission of applications and requests
2. e-attendance - to enable students and participants of events organised by the university to confirm their presence electronically
3. e-portfolio - automatic recording of a student’s activity and involvement during courses, training sessions, lectures, trips
4. e-education - creating and making educational materials available electronically and monitoring the progress in learning electronically
5. e-examination - a uniform system to manage students’ papers/projects and conduct examinations using computer equipment
6. e-diploma - making information about final projects/theses/dissertations available electronically
7. e-retention - an individual programme to support the process of education
8. e-ALKcloudID - safe use of university systems
9. e-registration - a system to register for events organised by the university, including conferences, meetings with employers, training courses, workshops
10. e-LLL - it will make it possible to create and share educational materials within the framework of online courses
11. e-counselling - providing various types of counselling services, e.g. legal counselling
12. e-innovation - active participation of students and university employees in the process of setting and pursuing objectives and supporting the process of knowledge sharing
13. e-clinic of entrepreneurship - aimed at students, graduates, and entrepreneurs to help them learn about their individual needs related to the labour market