About AICPA & CIMA
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants® (the Association) represents AICPA® & CIMA®. We advance the global accounting and finance profession through our work on behalf of 689,000 AICPA and CIMA members, students and engaged professionals in 196 countries and territories. Together, we are the worldwide leader on public and management accounting.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants® (CIMA®), founded in 1919, is the world’s leading and largest professional body of management accountants.
Professionals with a CIMA diploma work at the heart of business. CIMA works closely with employers, constantly updating its curriculum, to be the first choice in recruiting business leaders in the field of finance.
Get a global qualification to stand out
The CIMA & University Program is here to help.
AICPA & CIMA is partnering with the best universities in Poland to create the CIMA & University Program. Students can advance their studies by gaining professional qualifications in management accounting for a competitive edge in the job market.
Why obtain a CIMA diploma?
1. Gain a competitive edge while studying. 2. Get confirmation of the highest competencies in business and finance. 3. Join a community of 689,000 finance professionals and expand your network. 4. Boost your earning potential - CIMA diploma can increase earnings by up to 86%. 5. Start your journey to international success with the CGMA designation.
The CIMA & KU Program is implemented through selected courses at the Kozminski University. Students who complete all required courses are exempt from specific CIMA exams, and after passing the final external exam, they can obtain a CIMA designation at two levels:
- Certificate Level - receive a CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting and the part-qualified designatory letters ‘CIMA Cert BA’ upon learning about financial aspects of business, the relationship between specific areas of accounting and the needs of modern business.
- Operational Level - receive a CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting and the part-qualified designatory letters ‘CIMA Dip MA’ after passing this level with in-demand and applicable business skills. Topics include preparing financial statements, relevant information for management accounting and how to use appropriate decision-making tools using extensive knowledge about the functioning of a company.
Conditions of participation
CIMA & KU Program enables you to start studying the CIMA qualification as part of your degree, whether you’re a full-time or part-time student.
Bachelor Studies - join the Program from the second semester of your studies. Once you’ve completed all required university courses, you’ll be exempt from three CIMA exams. You'll only need to pass one external exam, which is a two-hour long computer-based objective test available on-demand, all year round. You’ll be awarded the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting, entitled to use CIMA Cert BA designation and ready to embark on the CGMA Professional Qualification.
All exams in the program are in English and at least a B2 (CEFR upper intermediate) level is required. Participation in the program involves a registration fee and the cost of an external exam.
How to register for the CIMA & KU Program
The CIMA & University Program admissions take place throughout October. Advance your career and learning by following these easy steps:
1. Create and activate your account at cimauczelnie.pl. 2. Enclose the required documents. 3. Contact the Program Coordinator and show a signed document allowing for the verification of your application
- Link to documents
- Documents can be submitted directly to the Program Coordinator, they can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documents sent by e-mail must be signed with a qualified electronic signature.
4. Wait for the positive verification of the application by the University Coordinator and CIMA. 5. Receive further instructions on how register with CIMA, set up your My CIMA account and pay the GBP 85 registration fee.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Coordinator for professional accreditation in the field of accounting, Senior Lecturer Accounting Department
Małgorzata Kucharczyk is a senior lecturer at Accounting Department at Kozminski University. From 1999 she has been working in the Accounting department where she conducts classes on Financial Accounting, Audit, Cost Accounting and Advanced Management Accounting. Małgorzata Kucharczyk has a PhD in economics. Her PhD work - „Model rachunkowości rodzinnych gospodarstw rolnych” (own translation: ”Accounting model of family run agricultural households”) concerned agricultural accountancy and the accountancy of family run entities. The lecturer conducts research on small and medium companies accountancy and accountancy standardisation processes. She is the author of numerous articles in the field of accountancy.
Małgorzata Kucharczyk participated in international conferences where she presented results of her academic research. She also participated in two scientific projects: 2009–2011 - „Wykorzystanie wartości godziwej w sprawozdawczości spółek” (own translation: Using fair value in companies reporting) and 2005–2008 „Model rachunkowości rodzinnych gospodarstw rolnych” (own translation Accounting model of family run agricultural households). Kucharczyk scientifically deals with the issues of accounting standardization and accounting for small and medium-sized business entities.
In 2012 - 2019, Małgorzata Kucharczyk was the member of committee responsible for studies programmes of Finance and Accounting Faculty. In 2017-2019, she was the coordinator of undergraduate studies in finance and accounting. Since 2017, she is also a coordinator for professional accreditation in the field of accounting. In 2019 2021 Małgorzata Kucharczyk collaborated with the Center of Innovation in Teaching. As part of the cooperation, she coordinated the creation of several online learning courses.
As part of her professional development in the teaching area, she takes part in various courses:
- „Narzędzia do tworzenia prezentacji multimedialnych i infografik” (own translation: Tools for creating multimedia and infographics) (September 2020)
- „Wystąpienia publiczne w pracy nauczyciela akademickiego” (own translation: Public appearances at the work of an academic teacher) (September 2020)
- „Techniki aktywizacji studentów podczas zajęć zdalnych” (own translation: Techniques of activating students during remote classes) (May 2020) and (April 2020)
- „Praca z mikrofonem i głosem. Żeby nas dobrze słyszano” (own translation: Working with a microphone and voice. So that we are heard well) (April 2020)
- „Elektrownicza mapa myśli jako narzędzie uczenia się” (own translation: Electric mind map as a learning tool) (February 2020)
- „Blended learning - projektowanie, wdrożenie, prowadzenie” (November/December 2019)
- „Efektywne ćwiczenia doświadczalne dla celów dydaktycznych” (own translation: Effective experimental exercises for didactic purposes) (September 2019).
She also completed post-graduate studies at KU and obtained the title of a "Business Trainer” (September 2016).
Małgorzata Kucharczyk is the co-author an co-editor of academic course books:
- Rachunkowość od podstaw. Sporządzanie i interpretacja sprawozdań finansowych (own translation: Accountancy basis. Making and interpreting financial statements), Dobija D. [editor], Warszawa, WSPiZ, 2004.
- Kucharczyk M., Dobija D. [editors.] (2014 and 2017), Rachunkowość zarządcza. Analiza i interpretacja (own translation: Management accountancy. Analisis and interpretation), Warszawa, Wolters Kluwer Business
She is the co-author of two on-line courses:
- „Podstawy rachunkowości” (own translation: Principles of Accounting)
- „Rachunkowość” (own translation: Accounting)