MEDFAKE: Building Trust in Vaccination using the technically advanced communication tools and social impact methods
The main goal of the project is to increase confidence in immunization in Poland by developing tools to encourage patients / adolescents to reject false medical claims regarding vaccination (medical fake news). The project will examine the decision-making mechanisms and adjust the final shape of the tools to target groups in order to respond to their needs and achieve the expected result, which is a decrease in the number of refusals to vaccinate.
Tasks and results
The project will develop, based on psychosocial mechanisms based on the techniques of persuasion and social influence, coherent strategies for:
• medical staff
• young adolescents
A model of the organization of primary healthcare will be created in the implementation of the immunization program and models of cooperation with local governments, NGOs, public institutions, as well as proposals of the legislative changes and legal acts. Due to the fact that the spread of fake news in the field of vaccination may lead to the adoption of incorrect attitudes and health behaviors by rejecting medical knowledge, one of the results of the project will be the development of an innovative tool allowing the identification and inhibition of the spread of medical fake news at an early stage of their formation. It is assumed that educational and promotional activities will include the use of adapted communication tools and channels, such as: social media, webinars, Q&A, podcasts, stationary and online meetings, live chats.
is currently recruiting for the position of:
Researcher in cognitive or linguistics science
in research project: “MEDFAKE: Building Trust in Vaccination using the technically advanced communication tools and social impact methods” (01.01.2021 – 31.12.2023), funded by the National Centre for Research and Development under the Strategic Program for Scientific Research and Development Works “Social and economic development of Poland in the conditions of globalizing markets” (Gospostrateg-II/0007/2020-00; 30/12/2020)
- Performing Social Network Analysis (SNA) and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Identification of trendsetters in selected social media and networks of the anti-vaccine community movement in Poland.
- Programming support in developing an application for data monitoring
- University degree related to the field of cognitive or linguistics science - the criterion is verified on the basis of a copy of the diploma (scan, photo).
- Ability to analyze linguistic corpora with statistical methods, machine learning / artificial intelligence algorithms – criterion verified based on information provided in curriculum vitae and interview
- Knowledge of methodology and statistical programs – criterion verified based on information provided in curriculum vitae and interview
- Knowledge of the Python programming language and its packages for data pre-processing, analysis, and visualization – criterion verified based on information provided in curriculum vitae and interview
- Scientific publications are welcome (Journal Citation Reports preferred) – criterion verified based on information provided in curriculum vitae
- CV in Polish or English containing information confirming the qualifications and experience specified in the requirements for candidates
Please include the following declaration (signed) in your CV:
I hereby declare that the information and details provided above are true and accurate, which I hereby confirm with my signature
- Scanned copy of higher education diploma
Scans of the Required documents listed above, should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 January 2022, 23:59:59 CET (PDF preferred)
Please state in the email subject line following text: Researcher in cognitive or linguistics science in MedFake
Kozminski University reserves the right to choose more than one person
Form of remuneration: contract work/contract of mandate
Starting date (at earliest): second half of January / beginning of February 2022
Stage 1 Formal verification of documents and evaluation of candidates in terms of requirements
Stage 2 Interview with candidates who meet the requirements.
Other questions regarding the application process may be sent to email@example.com
This is to inform you that by submitting your job application, you give your consent for your personal data provided in your application to be processed by Kozminski University, ul. Jagiellońska 59, 03-301 Warsaw for the purpose of the recruitment process managed by Kozminski University, as part of a single recruitment process aimed to let you apply for the position named in the job notice, throughout the duration of the recruitment process, and - in the case of persons who are not offered position, their data will be stored for a period of 3 months from the end date of the recruitment process.
Annex no. 2 - Rules of evaluation of applicants
Dariusz Jemielniak, Ph.D. is a Full Professor of Management at Kozminski University where he heads MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies) department and faculty associate at Berkman-Klein Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University (USA). In 2015 he joined Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. He is an author of “Common Knowledge?” (2014, Stanford University Press, winner of Dorothy Lee Award for Outstanding Scholarship in the Ecology of Culture in 2015, and the Chair of the Polish Academy of Sciences academia award in 2016). He had annual appointments at Cornell University (2004-2005), Harvard University (2007, 2011-2012, 2015-2016), University of California Berkeley (2008). He regularly publishes in the leading, JCR-listed academic journals of the discipline. He also published books at Palgrave, Edward Elgar, or Ashgate. Fulbright scholar, "Polityka" grant recipient, and also a winner of a dozen of other academic merit awards.