1. Financial and non-financial objectives and their measurement. The structure and tasks of the finance department in the process of value creation.
2. Perspective of banks in the financial analysis of the company. Perspective of owners in the financial analysis of the company.
3. Structure and interdependence between financial statements.
Profit and Loss Statement
Cash Flow Statement
4. Preliminary analysis of the financial statements as a source of questions and identification of the main problems of the company.
5. Key ratios of financial analysis: liquidity, operating performance, debt and profitability analyses.
6. The use of the concept of short-term profit and loss account with margins caps and break-even points in the assessment of markets and distribution channels profitability.
6.1. How much do you need to sell if you want the investment in the new product to be profitable?
6.2. Whether and when to take order from the contractor?
6.3. When should you take advantage of outsourcing? Analysis of decision.
7. Full cost accounting and variable cost account – differences, application, consequences for the decision-making process.
8. Principles for investment projects assessment.
9. NPV or IRR? How to select right project when different indications have been given?
10. Evaluation of innovative and development projects.
11. Evaluation of the strategy based on value maximising criterion. Case study – measuring the change of company’s value resulting from the strategy change.
12. Identification of the areas of adding and destroying the owners value using ROIC trees – case study.
Total: 16 contact hours