On April 21 this year, for the fourth time already, Space Studies Centre of Kozminski University together with Polish Space Agency and Industrial Development Agency organize the conference dedicated to risks of the space sector.
The conference is planned to be organised in the hybrid formula. You can chose your participation mode: • online – via the Conference platform, or • offline (onsite) – on the Campus of Kozminski University.
Our experience shows that there is a need for a discussion bringing closer the subject of risks present in the space sector from different perspectives. This time the conference will focus on the risks of international cooperation in the space sector. The conference will be held in English. We will cover such important topics as:
- Strategies for international cooperation in the space sector;
- Experiences of space industry stakeholders from international cooperation;
- Legal risks and challenges of international cooperation;
- Organizing Committee: Kinga Gruszecka, Ewelina Graczyk (POLSA), Paweł Pacek (Industrial Development Agency), Katarzyna Malinowska (Kozminski University).
Program: The conference will be divided into 3 sessions:
I. The strategy of international cooperation:
- Challenges of international cooperation – the role of national space agencies
- Partnership building in international cooperation
- The role of space assets in global security
- Development of aid policy – how to support business
Moderator: Aleksandra Bukała (Polish Space Agency) Speakers: Michal Brichta (SARIO Slovak Investment and Trade Development Agency), Vugar Bayramov (Advisor to the Chairman on International Relations AZEROCOSMOS); Dávid Szesztai (Hungary- Head of Department for Space Activities); Mauro Tuti (European Southern Observatory), Tomas Hrozensky (ESPI)
II. Business: representatives of space entrepreneurs discussing their experience of international cooperation:
- Discussion moderated by Polish Agency of Industrial Development in an interactive form with the participation of the audience.
Moderator: Kinga Gruszecka, POLSA Speakers: Bartosz Sokoliński, Paweł Pacek (Agency of Industrial Development), Joanna Baksalary (ITTI), Maciej Krzyżanowski (Cloud Ferro), Stefan Schneider (EUSPA)
III. Legal risks &challenges of international cooperation in space sector:
- Export control
- Contractual Risks
- East- West legal cooperation
Moderator: Katarzyna Malinowska (Kozminski University) Speakers: John Hall (POLSA Expert), Fabio Tronchetti (University of Beijing), Ingo Baumann (BHO-Legal), Chris Johnson (World Secure Foundation)
21st April, 2022, A/142, 10:30 - 15:30