The National Science Centre announced the results of the SONATA-15 and OPUS-18 grant competition. The recepients are the authors of six research projects from our University. The total value of grants received by KU's scientists is over 3 million PLN..
The following projects received grants:
- "Transformation of urban property relations by law: Jurisdiction, legal activism and social conflicts around the housing issue" Joanna Kusiak-Corcoran, Ph.D.
- "Cultural factors and public trust: Influence on the situation of banks and credit action" by Prof. Łukasz Kozłowski, Ph.D.
- "Algorithmic Alienation: Work and Employment in the Age of Artificial Intelligence" by Miłosz Miszczyński, Ph.D.
- "Measuring and visualizing achievements in intelligent cities. Comparative analysis between Poland and Sweden", by Prof. Giuseppe Grossi, Ph.D.
- "Between the Liberalisation of International Trade and Regulatory Freedom of States: Evaluation of 25 Years of Experience with the SPS Agreement", by Łukasz Adam Gruszczyński, Ph.D.
- "Denial of climate change: online cultures of open cooperation against science", by Prof. Dariusz Jemielniak
The first project was submitted as part of the SONATA-15 grant competition: for research projects carried out by scientists holding a Ph.D. degree obtained between 2 and 7 years before the year of application, while the others - submitted their projects for the OPUS-18 grant competition: for research projects, including financing the purchase or manufacture of scientific and research equipment necessary to implement these projects. The total pool of grants obtained by our scientists is 3 037 866 PLN.