Healthcare and Insurance 

Dana Duda

Admission News

no news in this list.

Students from EU/EEA countries

Students should come to Poland with the European Health Insurance Card (or the E-111 form). Students having the EHIC are entitled to receive free health care services, necessary on medical grounds during a temporary stay in Poland.

For more information please visit:

Students from non - UE/EEA countries

Overseas students do not participate in the Polish national health care system. On the basis of state bilateral agreements, they can be attended free of charge only in case of emergency. However, the costs of medical care in hospital and appointments to general physicians will have to be covered by the students. Therefore, they should buy health care and casualty insurance for the period of their stay in Poland in their home countries. Polish insurance companies also offer insurance packages for foreigners visiting Poland (for more information please contact the KIBS office).

For more information see: (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

All international students (EU and non-EU citizens) of Kozminski University are entitled to use free basic medical services (General Practitioner) at Luxmed clinics with their student ID card. For more information about Luxmed please visit On the other hand, according to the state health regulations, foreigners (except EU/EEA citizens, see above) have to pay for a medical consultation at public healthcare facilities. The cost is then reimbursed by the health insurance company. Therefore we suggest students use the free services of Luxmed for which (again, this relates to basic services of a General Practitioner) they do not have to pay. It is best to first find out if the service you need is available to you for free when you make an appointment.