Human capital and social capital are strategic and dynamic resources that cannot be imitated, therefore they will be always important in any type of organization.
Competences acquired during the Human Resource Management major are needed for every employee, regardless of their place of work (production, services, administration) and place in the organization (managerial and executive positions). The program will cover many issues related to human resource management, such as recruitment and selection, training and development, and performance management.
Traditional HR courses will be supplemented with classes on technology in HR (information systems, social media, artificial intelligence). A large part of the classes is conducted using interactive methods, such as case studies, Oxford debates, discussions, tests, etc., which makes the topic of the course interesting for everyone. Besides, some classes will be conducted in cooperation with companies such as Randstad or Deloitte.
Human Resource Management program has been created for people planning their future as managers of departments, teams or entire organizations as well as people intending to develop their careers in HR departments of companies or consulting companies related to human resource management. People with the vision of starting a startup or working in a family business can also benefit from this scope.
The major is aligned with Society for Human Resource Management’s HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. Throughout the world, over 400 programs in approx. 375 educational institutions have been acknowledged by SHRM as being in alignment with its suggested guides and templates. The HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates were developed by SHRM to define the minimum HR content areas that should be studied by HR students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The guidelines -- created in 2006 and revalidated in 2010, 2013 and 2017 -- are part of SHRM’s Academic Initiative to define HR education standards taught in university business schools and help universities develop degree programs that follow these standards.
Prof. Pawel Korzynski, Ph.D. is a chair of the Human Resources Department at Kozminski University, the leading business school in Central and Eastern Europe according to Financial Times. He is also a Visiting Fellow at Harvard University and INSEAD Business School. His research interests include human resources management, leadership, and social media. He is also an active consultant and partner of N2Growth (executive search firm ranked by Forbes as a top-10 executive search firm globally). His research on the role of online networking in management and leadership has been published in the International Journal of Manpower, Journal of Managerial Psychology, Business Horizons, European Management Journal, Asia-Pacific Journal of Human Resources and Harvard Business Review. Pawel serves as Associate Editor in Management Decision and Chief Editor of Central European Management Journal.
- During the program, we will show you how to start your HR journey and what options do you have in your career.
- You will be able to learn from well-recognized leaders from companies specializing in staffing and recruitment such as Randstad and advisory firms such as Deloitte.
- You will find in our program some basic HR-related courses such as recruitment and selection but you will get insight into new insights about human resource management such as Artificial Intelligence or social media in HR
- Some experts say that soft skills are responsible for 90% of people's professional success. This program will serve as a great accelerator of your soft potential.
During your studies, you will gain knowledge, skills and social competences, including in the field of:
- effective communication with clients and an understanding of the basics of international commercial contracts and effective ways of implementing the HR function in modern enterprises
- the most important concepts and concepts in the field of human resource management
- psychological and social causes of people's behavior in organizations and methods shaping these behaviors
- techniques and tools for recruitment and selection
- evaluation of HR metrics
- interaction of human resource management and organization strategy
- methods and techniques of motivating and remunerating employees coaching and mentoring
- employer and personal branding
- managing employee development and their career
After graduating from the major in HR TECH Business Partner in English, you can be employed as a:
- HR Manager / Director
- HR Business Partner
- Operations Manager
- Sales Manager / Director
- Business Development Manager
- Business Unit Manager
- Recruitment and Selection with the Use of Technology, Employer Branding
- HR Career Planning. Coaching and Mentoring, Personal Branding in Social Media
- Talent Management, Training and Development with the Use of Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Employee Relations, Change Management, Communication with the Use of Technology
- Full-time programs
Classes take place from Monday to Friday in the morning and in the afternoon.