For the third time The Centre for Space Studies of Kozminski University together with POLSA organize the conference dedicated to the risks in the space sector. We meet online.
Our experience shows that there is a need for a discussion bringing closer the subject of risks present in the space sector from different perspectives: engineering, managerial and legal.
Thus, we will cover such important topics as:
- space debris risk management,
- risks related to the use of space (satellite observation/communication),
- management accounting risks, investment risks or image of the space sector and human resources risks.
A separate session will be devoted to legal issues, including in particular the role that national law plays in the management of space ventures. As always, we will host world-class scientists and experts. The conference will be divided into three sessions taking place - on 20 and 27 April. Patron of the event is the Industrial Development Agency
III International Conference Risks’ engineering in space sector, 20, 27 April 2021, Zoom
20 April 2021
Space Managers’ session – Agency of Industrial Development 13:10 – Financial risk in Space R&D projects - managerial accounting for the risk analysis and mitigation" - Paweł Paśko
13:30 – Round table: Investors’ risks in space ventures – Bartosz Sokoliński (ARP), Grzegorz Brona (Creotech), Jędrzej Kowalewski (Scanway), Witold Witkowicz (ICEYE)
14:30 – Break
Space lawyers’ session – Kozminski University 15:00-15:30 – Polish space legislation: industry contra legislator? presenting the works of Study Group at Kozminski University on Polish space law - Prof. Katarzyna Malinowska, Prof Małgorzta Polkowska, dr Andrzej Jakubiec, Mariusz Kłoda, Bartosz Malinowski, Kaja Hopej
15.30-16.30 – Round table of experts: ‘good or bad space law – as a risk factor of space ventures’ - Prof Mahulena Hofmann, Prof Tanja Masson-Zwaan, Malak Trabelsi, Jenni Tapio, Joanne Wheeler
27 April 2021
Space Engineers' session – Polish Space Agency 15:00-17:30
- In-Orbit Servicing technical/programmatic risks and challenges – Andrew Wolahan (ESA)
- AIRBUS POLAND S.A space activities and risk management in scientific space projects – Katarzyna Kucewicz (AIRBUS POLAND S.A.)
- How EO helps in risk mitigation [TBC]
- How to turn risks into opportunities – discussion panel led by Kinga Gruszecka &Jakub Stelmachowski