The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted many industries including Higher Education. Kozminski University has been actively supporting its community and beyond in these difficult times. Read a special report prepared with the activities that we have undertaken!
As part of the cooperation between the KU Center of Simulation Games and Gamification and Kozminski University Sports Association with Daftmobile, our students can take part in e-sports competitions, while realizing part of their PE classes.
Two companies from the S/F Group - The Digitals and Booost - have started cooperating with our university. As substantive partners they will provide students with practical knowledge in the field of online marketing.
ERASMUS + MOBILITY:
When applying for an exchange under the Erasmus + Program, you have two options:
- Studies exchange - to a foreign university collaborating with your home university;
- Placement exchange - to a foreign company or institution collaborating with your university.
|Broad field||Narrow field||Detailed field|
|03 Social Sciences||031 Social and behavioural sciences||0311 Economics|
|0313 Psychology in Management|
|04 Business, Administration and Law||041 Business and Administration||0411 Accounting and Taxation|
|0412 Finance, Banking and Insurance|
|0413 Management and Administration|
|0414 Marketing and Advertising|
|042 Law||0421 Law|
ECTS CREDIT CONVERSIONS
Students who attend an exchange program will be issued a Transcript of Records by the host partner university. KU Coordinator will convert these credits according to the KU grading system. The credit conversion varies between EU and non- EU countries; therefore, students are asked to check the exchange program information page of the host university for further details.
Grades earned during the international exchange, will be converted to equivalent KU grading system and will affect a student’s KU GPA.
Students are asked to check the exchange program information page of the host university for further details.
Grades and courses taken at the host university will be included into the KU Diploma Supplement.
Kozminski University, founded in 1993, is a private institution of higher education with full academic rights. The university has obtained Polish and international accreditations, as well as excellent results in global and national educational rankings which shows the high quality of its programs and services. Due to these qualities KU diplomas themselves have become coveted. The university’s offer includes various bachelor, master’s, MBA’s as well as Ph.D. programs. All of these are also offered in English. Kozminski University perceives internationalization as an integral part of innovative business education and one of the core vehicles for KU development. The aspect of “more-than-domestic” approach is also expressed by Kozminski University Mission. Our mission is to provide excellent education in the fields of business, management and business law, combining nationally and internationally recognized research, practice and academia in the heart of Europe. Our mission is being realized through five strategic programs developed in the recent process of strategic planning. These programs are: (a) academic standing, (b) brand name recognition
in Europe, (c) internationalization, (d) student satisfaction and (e) corporate relations. These broad long-term strategic directions are then translated into medium term objectives and action items, which are then monitored and measured by the University’s authorities.
In the years to come, KU will face challenges resulting from negative demographic trends that are bringing about a lower number of high school graduates, and are resulting in greater competition between institutions of higher education. As the Polish market becomes more integrated
with the world economy, the resulting contest involves both Polish and foreign EU and non EU players.
Constantly Kozminski University develops the partnerships with universities and accredited Business Schools all over the world. Through the first ten years from the beginning of mobility program the main area of developing partnerships was Europe. Now Kozminski University focuses also on North and South America , Asia, Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. The wide range of agreement with Higher Education Institutions were signed in the past 2 years in above-mentioned geographical areas. The mobility is successfully realized within the partnership with HEI’s in this regions. The strategy of our University for years 2014-2020 includes the development of mobility program within EU and not EU countries. Internationalization, and especially actions related to the Erasmus program, are and always will be an important part of Kozminski University development strategy. Our mission in the field of international student exchange is allowing our students to compete on the international market, respond to the requirements of globalization and facilitate the creation of a platform to exchange ideas and experiences between the East and the West. Our priority was always to facilitate intercultural dialogue, student and faculty mobility and create modern educational program in accordance with market needs.
The goals we have set out in the context of Erasmus + Program are as follows:
• Mobility development
• Improvement of organization of our international actions
• Enforcing cooperation with some international partners, which will lead to offering joint programs and research and offering double diplomas.
• Further support for international faculty exchange
• Broadening and developing cooperation with renown academic institutions in the world
• Improving the university’s infrastructure to provide infrastructure for handicapped persons
• Versatile approach to the internationalization for the university in order to promote tolerance for different races, religions and origins
• Increasing the presence of Kozminski University in different networks and joint projects all over the world
• Increasing the number of students of non-business programs taking part in exchange program
• Further development of the „English Tracks” in order to provide more programs in English and increase the attractiveness of courses and awareness of Kozminski University on an international market
Internationalization of all Kozminski University’s dimensions is important to the long-term sustainability of the University’s unique position both at national and international levels.
Our desire is to remain the leading private EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA accredited University in Eastern and Central Europe as well as world known polish business school. Noting that, however, we are acutely aware of the challenges that lie ahead.
• Expanding the network of joint programmes and agreements of accredited universities
• Attracting highly qualified international faculty
• The balance between incoming and outgoing exchange students
• Recruitment of foreign students that have a negative, stereotyped image of Poland.
• Integration of foreign faculty in the life of the University
Erasmus Coordinator - Kinga Nekanda-Trepka