The Financial Times daily has just released the list of 100 best master in management programs, chosen from 13,500 business universities in the world. Among them, there is Kozminski University. We took 42nd place.
On the 25th anniversary of Kozminski University a book "KOZMINSKI” – a chronicle of 25 years, authored by Ewa Barlik was published. It contains 312 pages of factual information about the university in Polish and English.
Kozminski University (KU) is a private and independent non-profit business school. Since 1998, KU has consistently been ranked as the best private business school in Poland’s annual rankings of private schools of management. KU’s continuous self-improvement and its striving for internationalization have earned the school three accreditations: EQUIS (since 1999), AMBA (since 2008), AASCB (since 2012). On top of that, KU is also accredited by the Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN) since 2001. UN Principles for Responsible Management Education adopted by KU in 2008, as the first university from the region of Central and Eastern Europe, are the guiding rules for the positioning as regional leader in the field of education. The high quality of education offered by KU is also demonstrated by the position of the university in rankings published by the Financial Times: 35th place in the Global Masters in Management ranking (2014), and 41st place in the European Business School ranking (2014).
MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies) department at Kozminski University, a leading research-driven business school in the heart of Europe, is seeking to fill one or more open rank positions.
The candidates should specify if they are applying for a position of:
- research and teaching assistant (asystent),
- assistant professor (adiunkt),
- associate professor (profesor nadzwyczajny), or
- full professor (profesor zwyczajny).
We hale a slight preferencje for candidates at earlier stages of their careers.
The research areas of particular interest for the candidates include:
- Social Network Analysis SNA),
- Large dataset analyses on primary data (self collected/scraped),
- Quantitative studies of online communities,
- Qualitaitve studies of online communities and digital humanities,
- Science and Technology Studies (STS) related to the Internet.
A successful candidate should have a strong academic record matching the position they are applying for. In the case of an associate and full professor ranks, a strong publication record in the JCR-listed journals and the leading academic publishers, as well as proven successful grant applications track are expected, adequate for the career stage.
Fluency in Polish is not a requirement, but in the long run can be useful. If you do not speak Polish, we would certainly hope that you will be willing to learn it.
Other things we value include:
- extended experience from abroad,
- combined educational background from different fields or documented research experience in both qualitative and quantitative projects,
- strong academic orientation,
- good presentation and teaching skills,
- documented academic interests related to studying online communities.
We do not restrict the background of candidates to a particular field, as we believe that good research can be inspired and developed from different angles. However, we understand that the position may appeal particularly to people doing research in management, organization studies, sociology, anthropology, media studies, information science, or digital humanities.
We are equally interested in people apt in qualitative and quantitative approaches, with a slight preference to those, who are able to do both.
MINDS department is a highly informal, relatively young team of researchers. We follow participative decision-making principles and, if invited for an interview, you can expect being interviewed and evaluated by all members of the team, irrespective of the rank you are applying for.
We put great emphasis on internationalization and high academic standards. Over the last five years, NeRDS group members have gone on one-year research stays to Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell University, University of California Berkeley, or New York University, among others. We regularly publish in JCR-listed journals, and publish books in the leading academic presses (e.g. Stanford University Press, MIT Press, Oxford University Press, Edward Elgar, Palgrave, Routledge).
Some of us are social movements activists (and e.g. serve on the Board of Trustees of Wikimedia Foundation or are engaged in the city movements), some are involved in the start-up culture (mentoring, seed funds, developing own businesses, etc.), and we generally value bringing a diverse experience to the table.
We believe that research should be stellar solid and of high quality, but that it also should be fun. We offer flexibility, a lot of independence, and a friendly working culture.
MINDS participates in the international Network of Centers.
About the next steps:
Questions related to the advertised position can be directed to Dariusz Jemielniak (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will be also more than eager to talk about the potential research collaboration.
The prospective candidates are requested to submit their CV, motivation letter (explaining how they fit the call) and a full list of their publications and other academic works, accompanied by a copy of up to 3 most important publications (research/teaching assistants and assistant professor rank) and up to 5 most important publications (associate and full professor rank) to email@example.com, as well as in a physical copy, accompanied by an official copy of their diploma and an application form Download to:
Biuro Spraw Pracowniczych
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
ul. Jagiellońska 59
03-301 Warszawa, POLAND
We will only contact selected candidates. Application documents not collected within 3 months after their submission will be disposed of.
At the Department of Strategy, chaired by prof. Krzysztof Obłój
Ref no. 17/BSP-NA/19
In support of the development of our Department we are looking for candidates who want to develop academically and didactically. We are an interdisciplinary Department, both in terms of research and teaching. Our main subjects are related to strategy building and implementation (Organization Strategy, Corporate Strategy, International Strategy), but we also teach courses related to change management, e-business, leadership, startups, negotiation and public relations. As part of the department, some of us specialize in teaching and management consulting, while others in combining teaching and research. We have many years of advisory experience and international teaching experience – we lecture in Poland, USA, Singapore, Ireland, Slovenia and other countries.
Our research and publication profile reflects the interests and skills of the Department's members. That is why we study the phenomena of interest to us in a qualitative and quantitative manner, and publish mainly in the areas of:
- international strategy and entrepreneurship,
- strategy and competitive advantage of small, medium and large companies,
- CSR and people management,
- startups and e-business
- negotiation and decision making.
To publish, we run research programs, apply and receive national (National Science Centre) and international grants (e.g. from China). We regularly submit papers for very good international conferences (SMS, AIB, EGOS, EIBA), and our University offers comprehensive assistance in the field of research, foreign conference trips and publications. We publish articles in good world-class magazines, but also books in Polish and English. We received many awards for papers, case studies and publications.
We are looking for a person who has education in the field of social sciences, as well as scientific and didactic orientation at the same time. We like students and we value teaching. We also value research and domestic and international publications. We offer the freedom to choose academic directions and a friendly work culture. And we help our new members build teaching and research competences.
Therefore, we invite you to apply if you:
• have a Ph.D. (“doktor”) (for Assitant Professor position) or MSc/MA (for Research Assistant position) degree in the field of management, sociology or psychology,
• have very good command of English, at least at the C2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and practical knowledge of at least one more foreign language,
• have very good command of Polish, at least at the C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
• have strong motivation for scientific research,
• are ready to work as part of a scientific team at the Department of Business Strategy,
• have academic interest in strategy, international business or psychology, enabling to develop applications for research grants as part of statutory research on their own (it is possible to suggest a new area of research),
• defined research area of the your doctorate/habilitation dissertation.
The duties for this position will include:
• teaching and developing courses according to the number of the teaching hours assigned during a given academic year, including delivering classes in English,
• conducting scientific research in coordination with the Head of the Department,
• participating in organizational works defined by the Head of the Department.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria should submit the following documents: a resume, a cover letter, a record of conducted research, a list of publications, a certificate of linguistic proficiency, and a copy of one’s diploma to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send all and any of your questions related to the advertised position to Piotr Wójcik, PhD or Szymon Wierciński, Ph.D. at the Department of Business Strategy: email@example.com
Employment at the advertised position starts 1 of October 2020. Application documents should be submitted by 1st of March 2020.
The abovementioned application documents, i.e. a resume, a cover letter, a record of conducted research, a list of publications, a certificate of linguistic proficiency, and a copy of one’s diploma, and a filled-in application form Download to:
Biuro Spraw Pracowniczych (Human Resources Office)
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego (Kozminski University)
ul. Jagiellońska 59
03-301 Warsaw, POLAND
We will only contact selected candidates. Application documents not collected within 3 months after the deadline for their submission will be disposed of.