The Financial Times daily has just released the list of 100 best master in management programs, chosen from 13,500 business universities in the world. Among them, there is Kozminski University. We took 42nd place.
At the Department of Strategy, chaired by prof. Krzysztof Obłój
Ref no. 17/BSP-NA/19
In support of the development of our Department we are looking for candidates who want to develop academically and didactically. We are an interdisciplinary Department, both in terms of research and teaching. Our main subjects are related to strategy building and implementation (Organization Strategy, Corporate Strategy, International Strategy), but we also teach courses related to change management, e-business, leadership, startups, negotiation and public relations. As part of the department, some of us specialize in teaching and management consulting, while others in combining teaching and research. We have many years of advisory experience and international teaching experience – we lecture in Poland, USA, Singapore, Ireland, Slovenia and other countries.
Our research and publication profile reflects the interests and skills of the Department's members. That is why we study the phenomena of interest to us in a qualitative and quantitative manner, and publish mainly in the areas of:
- international strategy and entrepreneurship,
- strategy and competitive advantage of small, medium and large companies,
- CSR and people management,
- startups and e-business
- negotiation and decision making.
To publish, we run research programs, apply and receive national (National Science Centre) and international grants (e.g. from China). We regularly submit papers for very good international conferences (SMS, AIB, EGOS, EIBA), and our University offers comprehensive assistance in the field of research, foreign conference trips and publications. We publish articles in good world-class magazines, but also books in Polish and English. We received many awards for papers, case studies and publications.
We are looking for a person who has education in the field of social sciences, as well as scientific and didactic orientation at the same time. We like students and we value teaching. We also value research and domestic and international publications. We offer the freedom to choose academic directions and a friendly work culture. And we help our new members build teaching and research competences.
Therefore, we invite you to apply if you:
• have a Ph.D. (“doktor”) (for Assitant Professor position) or MSc/MA (for Research Assistant position) degree in the field of management, sociology or psychology,
• have very good command of English, at least at the C2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and practical knowledge of at least one more foreign language,
• have very good command of Polish, at least at the C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
• have strong motivation for scientific research,
• are ready to work as part of a scientific team at the Department of Business Strategy,
• have academic interest in strategy, international business or psychology, enabling to develop applications for research grants as part of statutory research on their own (it is possible to suggest a new area of research),
• defined research area of the your doctorate/habilitation dissertation.
The duties for this position will include:
• teaching and developing courses according to the number of the teaching hours assigned during a given academic year, including delivering classes in English,
• conducting scientific research in coordination with the Head of the Department,
• participating in organizational works defined by the Head of the Department.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria should submit the following documents: a resume, a cover letter, a record of conducted research, a list of publications, a certificate of linguistic proficiency, and a copy of one’s diploma to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send all and any of your questions related to the advertised position to Piotr Wójcik, PhD or Szymon Wierciński, Ph.D. at the Department of Business Strategy: email@example.com
Employment at the advertised position starts 1 of October 2020. Application documents should be submitted by 1st of March 2020.
The abovementioned application documents, i.e. a resume, a cover letter, a record of conducted research, a list of publications, a certificate of linguistic proficiency, and a copy of one’s diploma, and a filled-in application form Download to:
Biuro Spraw Pracowniczych (Human Resources Office)
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego (Kozminski University)
ul. Jagiellońska 59
03-301 Warsaw, POLAND
We will only contact selected candidates. Application documents not collected within 3 months after the deadline for their submission will be disposed of.