The main aim of the project will be theoretical and empirical analysis of the introduction of banking tax on the functioning of the interbank market in Poland, and in other 26 European countries. More specifically, the effect will be assessed with respect to three areas: interbank liquidity, maturity of the borrowing transactions, and the costs of interbank borrowing.
Person will be responsible for data collection, creating data bases, statistical analysis and preparing econometric models.
• Master degree in the field of financial econometrics or banking (students last year of master's degree may also apply if they obtain a master's degree before taking up employment),
• skills in statistical and econometric methods, knowledge of time series analysis and econometric programs, may be one of: Stata, Statistica, R (preferred), TSP,
• knowledge of database creation programs such as Oracle,
• specified research area for writing doctoral dissertations, interest in the subject matter of banking systems,
• be proficient in English (written and spoken English).
Additional requirements that may increase the chances of hiring:
• strong motivation to conduct research,
• availability, resistance to stress.
Conditions of employment:
We offer a possibility to work for the 18 month period. Type and character of position – scholarship.
Application package should include:
- English version of CV (with description of previous research achievements as well as prestigious awards for research activity),
- English version of motivation letter,
- copy of diploma.
To apply, please submit all documents to: email@example.com with a note in the subject of the e-mail: „Recruitment process – the project under the leadership of prof. Aneta Hryckiewicz-Gontarczyk” by June 22, 2017.
Questions related to the advertised position can be directed to dr hab. Aneta Hryckiewicz-Gontarczyk, prof. ALK - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be assessed in accordance with the Regulations for awarding scholarships to young researchers in research projects financed by the National Science Center.
Please include the following clause in your CV “I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws No 133, item 833 as amended”.